Archived Whats the policy on giving a % off on electronics stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
we finally ran out of the laptop from last weeks ad on friday, well people were still asking about them so our electronics "brand" TM decided to give 35% off another gateway laptop that was $400 regular price, i didnt think with a quantities limited no rain check item they could do that? Didnt even prompt for lod or anything just smacked a few buttons and bam, mega discount

I'm sure someone will ask about it when they do the PCV. I would report it to your TL or ETL if I was you.

Yeah that definitely isn't allowed... Screw the PCV that would have probably set off an alarm the minute "35" was typed in.

Definitely not best practice especially since its quantities limited... They're losing the store money.

I don't think that'd be best practice on quantities limited, but if it were a regular raincheckable item, you could substitute a similar item at the same percent off. (The raincheck itself even says that.)

we finally ran out of the laptop from last weeks ad on friday, well people were still asking about them so our electronics "brand" TM decided to give 35% off another gateway laptop that was $400 regular price, i didnt think with a quantities limited no rain check item they could do that? Didnt even prompt for lod or anything just smacked a few buttons and bam, mega discount

He needs to have chat by his tl or etl. That might of been his buddy who got the discount.

We actually did this at my store. I asked my ETL-HL and he said of course best practice is NOT to substitute for limited quantity items, but then said only do it if the guest asks for a substitute. We only sold two of the 399.99 gateway. I made it worth the while though, I got accessories and service plans attached to them!

If a TM (brand or otherwise) did that at my store without LOD approval, they'd be promoted to guest faster than a blur.

We had an etl and tl fired at our store for doing similar substitutions for themselves.

Quantities limited puts a dampener on substitutions and empowerment, generally high value merchandise like that should not be getting price reduction unless it's a floor model (10% max I believe). Generally though for other stuff if we're out of basics like SD cards I'll substitute another style/brand for the same percentage off so that the guest could walk away with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back