Archived Whats this .90 .99 BS added to all revision labels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting with the 4-5 revisions, I notice that every label has a .90-.99 added to the end of the schematic locations (ie. 1-P1-1.99).

I don't mind if they added that to note merch. that are changing, but what I don't get is why even the stuff that aren't changing also has the .99. So when I scan an old label location, it won't match up with whats shown on the PDA. That's for every label in the POG!

I thought they were getting a bit better lately and now this happens :mad:

Last edited:
it is annoying especially in cd's. But since spot took away by genre option, finding cd's is a needle in a haystack, now a days.

The 90 is supposed to indicate that nothing has moved, which is a joke in entertainment as everything shifts weekly but whatevs. I have noticed that they take the 99 thing way literally when something shifts by a quarter centimeter because they realized they spaced the labels poorly. So we'll see if this pans out in the long run. I suppose this is their way of passive aggressively stating that no one reads the revision planograms (which is never even necessary for fixed departments like shoes and entertainment/video games, but again: Whatevs).

I showed this problem to my tl and etl weeks ago. I'll have a revisions, for example, in boys action 4 in toys. There are 4 peg changes. But literally every other peg and shelf schematic changes. No new label strips sent. So in reality, I'm supposed to reprint the entire pog. But when I print revision labels, it only prints the actual changes.

I mysupported this last week. No help. They said it was a global issue.

I showed this problem to my tl and etl weeks ago. I'll have a revisions, for example, in boys action 4 in toys. There are 4 peg changes. But literally every other peg and shelf schematic changes. No new label strips sent. So in reality, I'm supposed to reprint the entire pog. But when I print revision labels, it only prints the actual changes.

I mysupported this last week. No help. They said it was a global issue.
I mysupported that too. I was annoyed in the bottle aisle in Infants when everything I scanned was a .90 and I had 2 label strips to change. They said global issue and to deal with it until the next transition. Umm that's probably 6 months away. Explaining this to all the Flow and Sales Floor team members has been fun...

It was a Headline a month or two ago. Said it was rolling out to a few dept. at the time but I'm guessing they went ahead and rolled out to everything. But yes, .90 is not moving, .99 has moved/shifted/whatever.

There is a tool/gadget wall revision the week if 4/26. One item gets changed on schematic 8-4-6. It changes to 8-4-6.99. I looked. Every ... Single .... Peg gets a new number.

That is 274 pegs people. But wait, hq only gave you 0.2 hours or 12 minutes to do it.

Ridiculous!! Isn't there any common sense anymore?

I am not changing those. That would take at least an hour.

There is a tool/gadget wall revision the week if 4/26. One item gets changed on schematic 8-4-6. It changes to 8-4-6.99. I looked. Every ... Single .... Peg gets a new number.

That is 274 pegs people. But wait, hq only gave you 0.2 hours or 12 minutes to do it.

This is the same company sending us a bunch of 3x3 stickies for an end cap that just needed one 7x11 that the system won't even let us make because its HQ only.

Oh just make it up when you finish some other task early like setting a paper end cap that they gave you three hours to do :p

my tl told me just to put labels in grayed out sections, otherwise you will spend 10 times the amount of time allowed for the revision

my tl told me just to put labels in grayed out sections, otherwise you will spend 10 times the amount of time allowed for the revision

Unfortunately, I am getting a lot of pushback from instocks about this. I understand their frustration. I tried to head it off, but I don't think my tl or etl quite understand the problem.

Unfortunately, I am getting a lot of pushback from instocks about this. I understand their frustration. I tried to head it off, but I don't think my tl or etl quite understand the problem.

I told flow and other people at my store to just ignore anything that says .90 or .99 it doesn't effect them at all it is for POG team reference only.

Flow person: "Why does it say 1-4-5.99, I can't find that"
Me: "Have you tried looking in location 1-4-5?"
Flow person: "I don't know how I can be expected to find things like this, it's too confusing."

Of course that's after I explained many times about IGNORE THE 90 AND 99.

Were you using a PDA to try to make the 7x11? MyDevice's don't have that stupid HQ only issue.
They do indeed also have that issue. We tried during an assessment to show them what we meant after they suggested it. Attempts with store created will give an no ad info error instead. My support it and it'll be back, after the sale is long over.

I wish they'd just do away with the decimals altogether. It sure would make things a whole lot easier.

hey Jack, on the MyDevice scan the POG, then hit Print Signs and then Print All Signs. It'll print 3x3s and the HQ 7x11 if applicable.

They do indeed also have that issue. We tried during an assessment to show them what we meant after they suggested it. Attempts with store created will give an no ad info error instead. My support it and it'll be back, after the sale is long over.
Hmmm my signing ninja is the one who told me to try it and it worked for me.

The decimals need to go away entirely. They're not in order in many locations, so it's pointless to even have them.

Revisions in the last year or so drove me insane. I don't know what changed or what new process they started. I tried to find some logical sense behind it but there was none.

I could understand if a facing got added in a revision to add a decimal but as it is, the system is pretty nonsensical. Why have a 1-1.101,1-1-1.102, etc. when 1-1-1, 1-1-2, etc. work just the same. It's especially frustrating when the decimals don't follow numerical order. I have POG label strip that does something like this (1-1-1, 1-1-2, 1-1-3, 1-1-4.02, 1-1-4.01, 1-1-4, 1-1-1.01 1-1-1.02).

I could understand if a facing got added in a revision to add a decimal but as it is, the system is pretty nonsensical. Why have a 1-1.101,1-1-1.102, etc. when 1-1-1, 1-1-2, etc. work just the same. It's especially frustrating when the decimals don't follow numerical order. I have POG label strip that does something like this (1-1-1, 1-1-2, 1-1-3, 1-1-4.02, 1-1-4.01, 1-1-4, 1-1-1.01 1-1-1.02).

Getting rid of that is the entire reasoning behind the new .90 .99 process. Now revision labels are all supposed to go in numerical ascending order, and the way to tell changes is by the 90 or 99 which should be ignored by everyone not resetting the POG.

instead of your .01 .02 example now you should only see this for revisions:
1-1-1.90, 1-1-2.99, 1-1-3.90, 1-1-4.90, 1-1-5.99 etc with the .90 meaning an item with no change and the .99 for items that changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back