Archived What's your sales goal today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is this? We now have to let our leadership know what our sales goal is for the day. Is this a new Target thing or is this something my store is doing?

What the heck is this? We now have to let our leadership know what our sales goal is for the day. Is this a new Target thing or is this something my store is doing?

Nope, it's at my store as well. It's the shifting towards a sales culture thing they are doing. What they don't understand though, is that how are we supposed to focus on sales in electronics if I'm all the way down towards sporting good zoning???

Nope, it's at my store as well. It's the shifting towards a sales culture thing they are doing. What they don't understand though, is that how are we supposed to focus on sales in electronics if I'm all the way down towards sporting good zoning???
How does Charles Xavier, move an aircraft carrier ,while he is in his wheel chair?
We have to mutate and adapt to win, its a brave new world out there.

How does Charles Xavier, move an aircraft carrier ,while he is in his wheel chair?
We have to mutate and adapt to win, its a brave new world out there.
"No sir, I didn't break into the nuclear power plant to steal radioactive material to make a weapon... yes, I did break into the power plant to steal radioactive material so I could induce mutations that would give rise to X-Menesque powers so I could keep up with the evolving retail landscape..."

sales goal? As in, check on the mydevice and see what the forecast is? or, a personal goal for yourself? eh?

Personal sales goal. In SL we are supposed to say how many outfits or $$$ amount of clothing, shoes, accessories we are going to sell during our shift.

Dude you're supposed to be at the boat AND zoning sporting goods at the same time. C'mon. =)

How is Spot going to verify if the pair of shoes sold during your shift was actually 'sold' by you versus a guest specifically coming in to get a pair of summer sandals? Leadership have extra time to check security footage? Better not expect cashiers to push an EOS lip balm, or like Walgreen's ask the guest to buy a candy bar.

I can understand Spot wants to see a return on the wage increase, and he should. However, let's not confuse customer service, up selling and being an actual personal shopper. Personal shoppers are better compensated than $12.50/hr.

How is Spot going to verify if the pair of shoes sold during your shift was actually 'sold' by you versus a guest specifically coming in to get a pair of summer sandals? Leadership have extra time to check security footage? Better not expect cashiers to push an EOS lip balm, or like Walgreen's ask the guest to buy a candy bar.

I can understand Spot wants to see a return on the wage increase, and he should. However, let's not confuse customer service, up selling and being an actual personal shopper. Personal shoppers are better compensated than $12.50/hr.

SLTMs are dropping like flies btwn this nonsense and the having to spend two hours of the shift at the FR bc Spot decided to remove the Operator position.

They want to pay you to try on an outfit? That's 10 minutes you aren't on the floor SELLING!

The ONLY times we've asked the Team to try something on is when it's a new launch: A New Day, Universal Threads, or Goodfellow. We want to know the "fit" to be able to help our Guests better. However, if I remember.... one of the A&A Training activities is to try on a complete outfit and share feedback w/ your Leader.

Personal sales goal. In SL we are supposed to say how many outfits or $$$ amount of clothing, shoes, accessories we are going to sell during our shift.

Our TMs are incredibly loyal and dedicated..... I adore them. But I KNOW they are stressed every.single.day !!!! There is so much on their plate... it's become a platter. And their platter runneth over !!!!! As a (former) Leader.... I still support and assist all of them however I can. Each day there seems to be a "new" expectation for them. I will not "parrot" the expectation to the Team without giving them a workable strategy to get to that expectation.

I hope we will not get to this point where they have a personal sales goal. It isn't even "measurable" within our structure.

We need to actually "successfully achieve" all the other demands/expectations first; before adding another.

I'm curious...how does A&A and beauty currently do at your store? Is it in the top % of store profits? Because at my store, those areas are a signifcant chunk of sales (top 2). We haven't had any directives like this. I wonder if it correlates to how well that area is doing in your particular store?

The ONLY times we've asked the Team to try something on is when it's a new launch: A New Day, Universal Threads, or Goodfellow. We want to know the "fit" to be able to help our Guests better. However, if I remember.... one of the A&A Training activities is to try on a complete outfit and share feedback w/ your Leader.

Our TMs are incredibly loyal and dedicated..... I adore them. But I KNOW they are stressed every.single.day !!!! There is so much on their plate... it's become a platter. And their platter runneth over !!!!! As a (former) Leader.... I still support and assist all of them however I can. Each day there seems to be a "new" expectation for them. I will not "parrot" the expectation to the Team without giving them a workable strategy to get to that expectation.

I hope we will not get to this point where they have a personal sales goal. It isn't even "measurable" within our structure.

We need to actually "successfully achieve" all the other demands/expectations first; before adding another.

I am seeing it in or A&A team. Most of them used to hate cashiering. Recently several have approached me about switching to the front lanes, they are not enjoying working in Softlines anymore.

We are doing this in electronics.

Can this be a "measurable" expectation because the Electronics TMs handle most of their own POS transactions? It would be unrealistic, or damn near impossible in other departments..... unless Spot thinks each A&A TM (or Beauty TM) will walk their Guest to a lane to complete the sale.

**I feel an eye-twitch coming on......:confused:

Can this be a "measurable" expectation because the Electronics TMs handle most of their own POS transactions? It would be unrealistic, or damn near impossible in other departments..... unless Spot thinks each A&A TM (or Beauty TM) will walk their Guest to a lane to complete the sale.

**I feel an eye-twitch coming on......:confused:
Only myCheckout sales will count.

Yesterday I did four thousand in sales for SFS..

Now LOD where are those boxes I ordered a month ago? Can you figure out where they and the shrink wrap the receiver needs are? No my TL can't do it, remember he is out on disability right now.

<go the fuck away, I am busy actually working here>

Yesterday I did four thousand in sales for SFS..

Now LOD where are those boxes I ordered a month ago? Can you figure out where they and the shrink wrap the receiver needs are? No my TL can't do it, remember he is out on disability right now.

<go the fuck away, I am busy actually working here>

With all do respect (a Signing TM, and Sap is my arch enemy), They honestly probably can't.

Of the 2000 flip labels I have ordered since I took over Signing TM, I have yet to see ANY come in.

Been two years, and all MySupport asks me is to take a picture.

With all do respect (a Signing TM, and Sap is my arch enemy), They honestly probably can't.

Of the 2000 flip labels I have ordered since I took over Signing TM, I have yet to see ANY come in.

Been two years, and all MySupport asks me is to take a picture.

I know, they can't but it gets them to go the fuck away. Also I was hoping it would jog his memory of saying he was going to the sister store to get some shrink wrap or have me scoop some up on my way in to work, since I pass a sister store on the way in. But no, nothing.. Much like everything else they can't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back