Archived What's your sales goal today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of our FACE areas have had sales goals for a while. Now it is becoming a hardlines thing. Should all of the tm's in the areas that are asking for sales goals have the same goal for an equal shift in the same area?

seems silly.

Jenna: "My goal is $500. I met it. Sold 5 jeans, 3 tops, 5 shoes, 3 purses, and 2 pieces of jewelry."

*done*
-
reality:
:stands around talking with coworkers:
or
:runs around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to meet unrealistic deadlines:

-
aka Make shit up, and who will know?

My store can't even come clean on freight /backroom, or complete pricing/zoning.

It’s the illusion of success that they are trying to create. By forcing the perception that stores are achieving high levels of success in service and selling, they appeal to stockholders that most issues have been addressed. If a store is capable of staffing multiple departments with TMs, and can do so with the relatively same net profits, then it appears that all underlying issues have been addressed to allow for this elevated experience.

It’s essentially the company version of a “quick zone” where if you know you don’t have time to get all of the home/domestics zone done, so you do any obvious towels, the front end caps and the first couple sections of the aisles because you know the LOD just wants it done, and they are only going to walk the race track once really fast and say, “Wow good job you are fast at this zone, thank goodness I need you to go start reshop!”

How does Charles Xavier, move an aircraft carrier ,while he is in his wheel chair?
(snip).
By sitting there staring at it. Seriously! he is moving it with his mind so to everyone around him, he is doing nothing and its floating on its own.

Also, this:
Xavier is a member of a subspecies of humans known as mutants, who are born with superhuman abilities. The founder of the X-Men, Xavier is an exceptionally powerful telepath who can read and control the minds of others. To both shelter and train mutants from around the world, he runs a private school in Salem Center, located in Westchester County, New York.[1] Xavier also strives to serve a greater good by promoting peaceful coexistence and equality between humans and mutants in a world where zealous anti-mutant bigotry is widespread.

Throughout much of the character's history in comics, Xavier is a paraplegic variously using either a wheelchair or a modified version of one. One of the world's most powerful mutant telepaths, Xavier is a scientific geniusand a leading authority in genetics. Furthermore, he has shown noteworthy talents in devising equipment to greatly enhance psionic powers. Xavier is perhaps best known in this regard for the creation of a device called Cerebro, a technology that serves to detect and track those individuals possessing the mutant gene, at the same time greatly expanding the gifts of those with existing psionic abilities.

From a social policy and philosophical perspective, Xavier deeply resents the violent methods of those like his former close friend and occasional enemy, the supervillain Magneto. Instead, he has presented his platform of uncompromising pacifism to see his dream to fruition - one that seeks to live harmoniously alongside humanity, just the same as it desires full-fledged civil rights and equality for all mutants. Xavier's actions and goals in life have therefore often been compared to those of Martin Luther King, Jr. for his involvement with the American civil rights struggle,[2] whereas Magneto is often compared with the more militant civil rights activist Malcolm X.[2]

The character's creation and development occurred simultaneously with the civil rights struggle, taking place in the 1960s, while Xavier's first appearance dates to 1963. The fictionalized plight in the comics of mutantkind faced with exceptional intolerance and prejudice was done in large part to better illustrate to audiences of the day what was transpiring across the United States, just the same as it also served to further promote ideals of tolerance and equality for all.[3]

Patrick Stewart portrayed the character in seven films in the X-Men film series and in various video games, while James McAvoy portrayed a younger version of the character in the 2011 prequel X-Men: First Class. Both actors reprised the role in the film X-Men: Days of Future Past. McAvoy continued the role in X-Men: Apocalypse, and Stewart appeared in Logan. McAvoy will reprise his role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Telepathy (from the Greek τῆλε, tele meaning "distant" and πάθος, pathos or -patheia meaning "feeling, perception, passion, affliction, experience")[3][4] is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction. The term was coined in 1882 by the classical scholar Frederic W. H. Myers,[5] a founder of the Society for Psychical Research,[6] and has remained more popular than the earlier expression thought-transference.[6][7]

Telepathy experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatability. There is no convincing evidence that telepathy exists, and the topic is generally considered by the scientific community to be pseudoscience

Its from Wikipedia. So :rolleyes:

I thought this thread would be people sharing what their forecast for the day was. I'm curious what other people's stores' forecasts are..

seems silly.

Jenna: "My goal is $500. I met it. Sold 5 jeans, 3 tops, 5 shoes, 3 purses, and 2 pieces of jewelry."

*done*
-
reality:
:stands around talking with coworkers:
or
:runs around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to meet unrealistic deadlines:

-
aka Make shit up, and who will know?

My store can't even come clean on freight /backroom, or complete pricing/zoning.

Our store is generally busy so you could come up with some random number like $1000 and make it. Now the main problem I see with this is all the things out of your control that could influence this. For example I was in Thursday and they had pallets of truck still from Tuesday, also there is backstock in back on pallets and tubs from days ago. Is there any type of coaching or something for not making a salesgoal or is this a purely mental exercise?

The pos system should be able track any sales by you on the register. That is when I want a commission for everything I sell in electronics.

Last edited:
Throwing in my store's approach: STL asked for a daily sales goal from each TM in electronics, checked by the MPM app at the end of the shift. Apparently it's to "speak to the numbers" if we get a visit. I'm just waiting for it to go up in flames...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back