Archived When are we even qualified for benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
everytime i go to the target benefit website it says like i'm currently not eligible for health benefits. Do I have to be working at Target for a few years?

The first guestion I have is, how long have you been with Target? If you just started then you will not be eligible yet. The second question is, how many hours are you working each week? If you are full-time (defined by Target as 32+) hours, you will be eligible for full-time benefits. If you are part-time you can get some part-time benefits.

Basic Rules:
ETLs: Eligible for benefits from day one.
Tms: 6 months to become eligible. 32+ hours per week avg for full-time. 21+ hours per week for part-time.

Hope this helps.

Well, I've been working at spot for 6 months. In January I was getting between 10 and 14 hours per week but now in March I have been getting between 21 and 29 hours per week. How do I apply for part time benefits? Do I have to call a number? What part time benefits do they offer, like what's the company that they use for target employees?

Gotta up your hours for a while first. It goes off your calculated average hours. 14 hours?? Do you have a second job?

also if you were hired seasonal I believe they dont start the 6 month clock until you are official not seasonal (early january) somebody correct me if Im wrong

You need to get up over that 21 hour average. I hate to break it to you, but you might not be eligible until next year when re-enrollment happens. I am not 100% sure on that, but you can get that answer if you call the TMSC 1 800 394 1885.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back