Archived When can I start cross training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at Target for about a month now. During my interview before I was hired I was informed there would be opportunities for cross training, can anyone tell me how I would go about doing this? Is there someone I need to ask? Will my TL inform us when there are opportunities? I'm not trying to rush anything, just curious so I don't miss out on any opportunities. Also, am I able to work at two different stores or am I limited to the same one?

You cannot work at two stores. Other than that, ASANTS. Best bet is to talk to the TLs and let them know you're interested. With hours as low as they are right now, though, don't expect to get a chance any time soon.

Get to know some other team leads, ask them if they could use some help. Make friends with TM's in other work centers, they can put a good word for you. It's a tough time to cross-train due to the lack of hours but it's possible. If a TM goes home sick, offer to help other work centers.

If it doesn't happen now, don't feel bad. 30 days is possible but early. Usually 60-120 is when cross-training happens because you can start to master your work center.

Other than AP, working in multiple stores pretty much never happens short of emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back