Archived when can starbucks go dark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the official policy?

if we literally have no one trained to make drinks is it ok? if its going to create more angry guests than it helps being open but a 20-30 minute wait is that ok?

Ideally, not during operation hours but rarely, there might not be a TM to cover a lunch.. In that case, you really don't have any choice. This happened at my store a few weeks ago.

I was told that Target's contract wuth Starbucks requires thst SB be open during specified hours or Target can be fined several thousand dollars. This is what my GSTL told me right before she sent me to work there duing the SB tms break. All I could do was offer black coffee or a pastry.

I was told that Target's contract wuth Starbucks requires thst SB be open during specified hours or Target can be fined several thousand dollars. This is what my GSTL told me right before she sent me to work there duing the SB tms break. All I could do was offer black coffee or a pastry.
apparently outside 0 team members we can't be closed. i still don't understand during lunches/breaks being "open" doing what you're did.

During my brief stint at a store that had one, they'd shut down for breaks and a nearby team member would either offer a free drink to guests to compensate or a $3 apology coupon.

That's an automatic no no for Starbucks and if the Starbucks DM ever found out, your store would be issued a Notice of Non-compliance. That's a major lack of responsibility on Target's end.

apparently outside 0 team members we can't be closed. i still don't understand during lunches/breaks being "open" doing what you're did.

I don't "do" coffee, and was not amused, but didn't feel in a position to challenge the GSTL since they were working on reviews at the time.

It's never OK but it does occasionally happen. By contract Target is required to have 2 certified baristas in the footprint of the store during operating hours.

This happens a lot sometimes at my Target during the night. because of "saving" payroll we will only have 1 starbux TM for closing and there has been a few times that the TM would have gone into compliance so the closing LOD just has them shut it down for the night to avoid compliance.

The GVP or Group director must make the final choice to close a starbucks during business hours.. The starbucks DM must also be informed because thats also effecting his sales

Our Starbucks goes dark a lot. I'd be willing to say at least once a day or every other day. We have no Starbucks trained TMs. I'm not sure about the truth to this one, but apparently one of them was supposed to be fired for hitting meal compliance too many times, but they didn't because they so badly needed people in Starbucks.

At my store very few people knew how to work sb who did not work in that department (only me and two other people knew how to). If the store was short staffed or if none of us were working that day it would have to temporarily close until the Starbucks tm was done with thier break or lunch.

If worse comes to worse, throw a TM over there to hand out free drip coffee. But as others have stated, it should never go dark.

If worse comes to worse, throw a TM over there to hand out free drip coffee. But as others have stated, it should never go dark.

When the steam machine blew up we did the drip and coupon hand out. No choice or when the opener had a car crash we had to wait for another TM to come in and "open" Sbux. Sometimes we have done the 10min dark cause the barista needs a potty break an there is no coverage.

We have all of the GSA/GSTLs trained to cover breaks. There's always one working. Also, about half my baristas also work as SF or FE. It is absolutely not OK to close down. You could get a NNC which can be very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back