Archived When do benefits begin after enrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently became eligible to receive benefits, the packet says I have until the 31st to enroll and my benefits would be effective until March 31, 2012. So I'm taking it that means the benefits would be effective immediately once I enroll? And then what happens after March 31?

I called the benefits people and they told me that Target benefits start at the beginning of the first full pay period after the first of the month following the date you become eligible. I hit my six months in the middle of one month, signed up for benefits right away, but because of the way the pay period fell, didn't start receiving benefits until almost halfway through the next month. What a headache.

Is there any way to find out an approximate cost of family ppo health coverage? I'm trying to decide whether or not it would be financially beneficial for my family... thanks

I'd recommend contacting the Target Benefits Center at 800-828-5850. When you become eligible, they send you a benefits package that has a chart of the cost per pay period of all the different health plan options. I think PPO coverage for a family was somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-200 per pay period, but it wasn't something I was looking into for myself, so I don't remember the details.

This is a little challenging to explain. Benefits start the first day of the period following the first day of the month! That sounds tricky, but if you know what time frames your being paid for, you know which pay period you are in. You are given a certain month to enroll in benefits. If you enroll at the end of the month, you will be retroactively charged for the premium at the beginning of the month you would have paid if you would have enrolled on the first day of your enrollment window.
I recently became eligible to receive benefits, the packet says I have until the 31st to enroll and my benefits would be effective until March 31, 2012. So I'm taking it that means the benefits would be effective immediately once I enroll? And then what happens after March 31?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back