• Thread starter JimmyTarget
  • Start date
  • Replies 157
  • Views 17K
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyTarget

I started last spring and missed the whole review process?
When do we actually get them?
And whats the rating scale?

Reviews are always some point in april. Last year I got my review towards the end of april. They rate based on your performance. If your cashier: do you get red cards? Or try to ask every guest if they would like to save 5%? Do you double bag heavy items? Do you have good attitude with guests?

Do you talk about cartwheel app to guests?

If you work on sales floor: do you finish tasks on time & if not do you use sense of urgency? Helping guests all the time is a key to a good review. Going up for backup cashier and being first to answer calls is very good. Also good sportsmanship.

You can only get up to a 5% higher pay rate than you already have.

U - Underperforming
IE - Inconsistently Effective
E - Effective
EX - Excellent
O - Outstanding *Purely theoretical, never actually seen in real life.*

U - Underperforming
IE - Inconsistently Effective
E - Effective
EX - Excellent
O - Outstanding *Purely theoretical, never actually seen in real life.*
I believe that's
1% U
2% IE
3% E
4% EX
5% O

It's also prorated by the amount of months you've been there, so if you've been employed for less than a year your raise will be less than those percentages.

What would be the things they look at in reviews for a Starbucks TM? That's my work center and I want to know how Target reviews us.

I was a seasonal hired that became permanent, and I was told I'd be getting a review too, but would I also be getting a raise? I'm not expecting one, but I'm not sure if Target does everyone's raises at once, or just personalize it for Team Members.

I was a seasonal hired that became permanent, and I was told I'd be getting a review too, but would I also be getting a raise? I'm not expecting one, but I'm not sure if Target does everyone's raises at once, or just personalize it for Team Members.
All at once, but if you got the same score as a TM that has been there for a year, the senior TM would get the higher raise due to prorating.

You'll get a raise, but like thatcashierdude said, it'll be prorated based on number of months in position.

So say you received an 'E' rating which normally has a 3% increase, but you've only been there for six months, you would receive a 1.5% pay increase.

you will get a pro-rated raise, basically a couple cents, and then you get to wait till april to get a full raise.

Reviews are always some point in april. Last year I got my review towards the end of april. They rate based on your performance. If your cashier: do you get red cards? Or try to ask every guest if they would like to save 5%? Do you double bag heavy items? Do you have good attitude with guests?

Do you talk about cartwheel app to guests?

If you work on sales floor: do you finish tasks on time & if not do you use sense of urgency? Helping guests all the time is a key to a good review. Going up for backup cashier and being first to answer calls is very good. Also good sportsmanship.

You can only get up to a 5% higher pay rate than you already have.
i got hit for clocking out early. its making sure everything as cashier was done so i clocked out at all clear instead of 11:15, with lod/gstl approval. also not writing enough vibe cards. they'll find something to screw you over.

i got hit for clocking out early. its making sure everything as cashier was done so i clocked out at all clear instead of 11:15, with lod/gstl approval. also not writing enough vibe cards. they'll find something to screw you over.

Always the vibe card. I was told I needed to more willing to pick up shifts/come in when called. Or, I don't know, you could schedule me if you needed me? They'll find something, anything, to knock you.

Iv'e already decided scores for TMs and have submitted to the STL. There is a good sized time gap between when TMs and TLs are scored and when the review is actually given.

Last edited:
Reviews? Lol. They are NOT reviews. Do not look for truth where there is none. I actually plan on getting a horrible review this year, even though it's the hardest and most efficient I've ever worked. Meanwhile, that jack**s exCEO walks away with millions.

The horribleness will come from the fact that morale is low, there is constantly changing leadership, tms quit, etc. All of which is beyond my control.

Don't tell me we have 100 pog set hours then only schedule 50 to do the work. Then bitch at the end of the week we didn't get done. Especially when I just spent 45 minutes on register.

I had a TM reach his cap (16+ year TM) and he was pissed when he got an $.08 raise. I found it hard not to laugh while he was exploding with anger and I'm sure my shit grin, trying to hold back tears of laughter face didn't help.

He kept asking me to raise it. First off chief - I have 0 involvement in raises. I can't touch your pay. Second, you made a career out of the bottom retail position. You've been asked by every Log that passed by if you wanted to move up and you said no. Want a big raise? Become a TL.

I'd be mad about an $.08 raise too. I just think his expectations were set too high. Also it must suck that it took him 16+ years to get where he is and new TMs start at a much higher rate than he did.

I believe that's
1% U
2% IE
3% E
4% EX
5% O

It's also prorated by the amount of months you've been there, so if you've been employed for less than a year your raise will be less than those percentages.

The exact % can be tweaked based on store performance as well. At my store last year, all of those were .5% lower.

The exact % can be tweaked based on store performance as well. At my store last year, all of those were .5% lower.

Correct, the scale is not usually the same from store to store. Last year I got a 2.5% raise for an E. And when I got an O 3 years ago, I got over 6% because the store I was at then crushed every "record" of years passed.

I was asked to rate my team with the following criteria: No one gets an O. No one who was seasonal gets above an IE. Even if the person is doing unsatisfactory work and you have the coachings to prove it, you cannot drop the score by more than two rankings. Only TMs under a CA can receive a U. Everyone who doesn't fit in those categories gets an E.

So, there you have it. HR didn't really need my input at all.

ETA: Oh and when I turned in my sheet, I was told that there could be adjustments made according to budget. I took that to mean that some of my Es would turn into IEs, not the other way around.

At my store, there's an ETL meeting that determines the rankings. 1 person in the whole store gets an O and is usually the one about to be promoted. Virtually all the Ex's go to people that are capped and don't suck. If you have been in your position for less than a year, you automatically get an IE since there are only so many E's allowed.

My first review after coming back was blank. I didn't even know that they had put it in until I saw my wage was slightly higher. I went to my ETL because the amount was so small that it was either a mistake or a horrible review. It turned out that I was given a pro-rated IE. He gave me my review and told me it was blank because he was told to make it an IE just because I'm "new" and he would not make up bullshit comments to justify it.

His words were (paraphrased), "You're never late, never called in, often come in when called, and stay late when needed. It took less than a week for you to learn any changes to the process since you left. You have been a great resource for "Bob" (the backroom TL at the time was an external hire that started a month before I came back), never once interfered with his authority, and often lead the team in his absence. You do have a couple of opportunities in that you could be more FFF but it's the kind of thing that would make you an Ex instead of an O. You're not a new TM and you demonstrate that every time you are here. Giving you an IE is an insult."

I was pissed at the time but at least it was honest.

My TL flat out told me I deserved a EX but was given a E last year.

I don't know how many O's were given. I know many EXs were only given to capped employees who may or may not have deserved it. The whole system is a joke. Raises should be a flat amount (.5 .10 .25 .50 etc) across the board. The percentage based on your current wage is bs.

I had a TM reach his cap (16+ year TM) and he was pissed when he got an $.08 raise. I found it hard not to laugh while he was exploding with anger and I'm sure my shit grin, trying to hold back tears of laughter face didn't help.

He kept asking me to raise it. First off chief - I have 0 involvement in raises. I can't touch your pay. Second, you made a career out of the bottom retail position. You've been asked by every Log that passed by if you wanted to move up and you said no. Want a big raise? Become a TL.

I'd be mad about an $.08 raise too. I just think his expectations were set too high. Also it must suck that it took him 16+ years to get where he is and new TMs start at a much higher rate than he did.

So basically you are saying, if a person is content as a TM then you agree once he reaches an arbitrary cap set by a bunch of rich people - he never, ever deserves a raise again no matter how hard he works?

So basically, even though a person might be under-educated in today's job market or they might be too old to compete - it's his/her tough luck & they can just quit if they don't like never getting another raise again?

Sorry but with the MILLIONS of dollars that they can throw at incompetent CEO's or upper management just to get rid of their butts - you'd think they could also have enough respect for the people who are giving their all for mere crumbs & do away with that heartless "cap!"

Even if they just give somebody a pittance of a raise (as they always do) - it still shows they respect them as being part of that so called "team" they are always blabbing about.

I'd have more respect for a company if they just came out & said - we want these long term employees gone so we can hire cheaper labor. You have outlived your usefulness for Target & you just aren't cost-effective.

My TL flat out told me I deserved a EX but was given a E last year.

I don't know how many O's were given. I know many EXs were only given to capped employees who may or may not have deserved it. The whole system is a joke. Raises should be a flat amount (.5 .10 .25 .50 etc) across the board. The percentage based on your current wage is bs.

Raises used to be a flat amount ranging from ~$.20 to $.60 for TMs, at least in my area. I don't know if they varied based on cost of living in different parts of the country like base pay does.

I don't mind the idea of % based raises much but it's bullshit that the % doesn't even come close to what the flat amount used to be.

On one hand I can see what you are saying. I have never asked a etl to change my raise amount. I know they cant. I don't even complain about the amount anymore...it just is what is well to put it better it is what it isn't . On the other hand, I think its kinda rude to find it funny that a team members gets upset over their raise or to refer to them as being in "bottom retail position" for such a long time. I know that I have been with Spot for over 18 years and I guess I am what you referred to as "making a career out of a bottom retail position". This attitude of looking down on long term team members is one of Spots many downfalls . Lastly, I know what I make an hour and I know what team leads start at in my area. So, I will just stick with what I have now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back