Archived When do you like to take your breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a TPS my schedule is hardly ever the same day-to-day but I normally like to take my first 15 about 3 and a half hours in, lunch right before my fifth hour (6 hour state), and my last 15 about an hour before my shift ends.

I consider the day a win if I can get one full break without interruptions. Irks me when I call my break, have a mouthful of food, and someone blows a hurricane on 4 and keeps blowing until I respond.

154742c8c2c19a34878cf43c6e13d04a--funny-work-funny-shit.jpg

Whenever I want because I'm AP. Which also means I don't get breaks.

Every time I try to take a break or lunch:

"AP go to 4"
"Hey we have a guest who thinks she left a bag, she's not sure and she's here wanting us to find out"

Sucks being on a one person team.

Only if a Kit Kat bar is involved.

Otherwise...huh?

I know you didn't ask, but I'll plow ahead anyway. But I'd be talking to my supervisor and telling them that if there is a problem with me getting a second break, I'm taking my.other 15 with my first 15.

You DESERVE a second 15.

I agree. But depending who is working, trying to find coverage for FRO is like pulling teeth. I have had to argue with people to get them to cover a 30 minute meal for me and arguing over a 15 ain't worth it. If its a closing shift, ain't nobody got time. I need every spare minute to get the zone finished and/or fitting room cleaned up. My LODs have kept us til past 2am before if things arent perfect and I want to go home at night.

Pog 4am-12:30pm... as a team we just go on lunch at 9am after smart huddle then combine both breaks into a half hour break at 11am.

If I take a 15 at all I take it about two hours in. Most of the time I like to at least grab a coffee and go to the necessary (not necessarily in that order) so I use that as my break. Lunch I usually wait until the last minute because I have less time on the other side and it somehow makes the day go by quicker.

We don’t choose ours they are set, two 30 min breaks per shift 6-6 Break at 10 and 2

When I worked 6am's, I'd take my first break at 8am when the store opened, and my second around noon.

First store I was at. Breaks were given every 2 hours and lunch by the 4 hour period. Breaks in my recent stores have either seen breaks either at the 2 hr or 3 hr mark depending on the day and lunches usually at the 5:45 mark for early morning teams and then a final break. From time to time they try to enforce the 5 hr hour rule but doesn’t last long. I don’t usually have to ask to take my breaks because of my title so my times are flexible

I'm like the queen of not taking breaks at my store lol
Half the time there's not enough coverage anyway, but I really don't like taking breaks, especially if I have projects.

The problem with your thinking is you create unrealistic expectations for your position. Work load should finish in a reasonable amount of time but if the time is skewed because someone isn't taking their breaks they are making a unattainable work load seem possible.

You aren't doing anyone any favors

Breaks? Lol.

6am-2:45 errday

8-8:30 go to Starbucks and get coffee, walk to the back to chat it up with my receiver if I have a few minutes.

10:30 - 11 take my break at this point. Usually means I just hide in my office for 45 playing with my phone. Oh, and more coffee.

Depending on my work load 1:45-2:45 is computer time and that’s enough of a break for me.

I’m greatful to be spoiled with my schedule as it is, it doesn’t really feel right for me to complain about breaks when all other TM is ran around the clock.

I liked spacing them out. When I did cash office I did my thing and got out about 9;45ish took 15 then did lunch around 12noonish then took the final break 2 and was done at 3pm.

When I was a GSTL, if I opened I worked 7-3:30, I usually took my breaks at 9, 12, 2. But sometimes I ended up going 10:30, 12,30, 2:30. If I closed we usually worked 3:30-10:15. So then I would do lunch at 6, and break at 8ish. But if we had 2-10:15 it would go 4, 6:30, 8:30ish. Usually skipped 15s though haha.

I am in a location with state mandated break / lunch requirements so you bet your booty I take mine regardless of how busy it is. Usually, every two hours is the perfect spacing ... and as local/state labor code requires a 30-minute meal break by the 5th hour the two hour routine works well. Still there are some who work through their break (not lunch though) to ensure their work is completed - TLs and ETLs know this which makes it a state labor code violation. I'll not touch that with a 10-foot pole so ... *picks up walkie* "Heeeyyyyyyy this is West out for the first 15-min break".

Our overnight flow: breaks and lunches are taken as a group: they announce over the loudspeaker when it is time for break/ lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back