Archived When does Target open on Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a glimpse at the crowd management plan my ETL-AP developed for this year and he has myself and my partner TPS arriving between 3:30 and 4:00 for exteriror crowd control. So I would assume either 5:00 or 6:00.
Same here, but my ETL and STL said they are not sure of the times yet, so they are just assuming it's gonna be the same as last year.

Black Friday 2014 was nearly a full year after the credit breach. That happened in December '13/January '14 IIRC.

People got fucked over hard when that happened and they were and are still pissed at how badly we handled it. We had someone basically walk in hack our system we knew it saw it and did nothing. then kept our mouth shut and hoped no one would notice then did some heavy bullshit apologizing after doing nothing. People also realize they don't need a credit card to every store they shop..

Walmart is open all day though, so it's hard to compare now. I'm pretty sure last year they staggered their "doorbuster" start times and some of them started earlier than we opened.

They're not all open all day thanksgiving. But from what I remember, none of their Black Friday sales started until 6pm, so while Walmart stores may have been open, it was just regular stuff until 6.

I feel like we never find out until the day before the schedule goes up, so I'm guessing we'll find out the open time on Thursday morning

So lets say Targets opening at 6pm Thanksgiving Day (since I've yet to hear anything official) what time does everyone expect to be at their store? 4? 5? And will Target close and then reopen on Friday or go all night?

Last year we opened at 6 and had a group of people at 4:30 for crowd control and finishing last minute stuff inside. The rest of the openers came in around 5:30/5:45. We stayed open 6pm Thursday until 11pm Friday. I'm assuming it would be the same this year.

They're not all open all day thanksgiving. But from what I remember, none of their Black Friday sales started until 6pm, so while Walmart stores may have been open, it was just regular stuff until 6.
You're right, I had to go look at their 2015 ad and it's all 6pm. I was probably thinking about 2013 or 2014.

Why did I have to do a test for crowd management but my coworkers didnt? lol do i just suck that bad?
Some specific jobs require that training, such as exterior crowd management.

Why did I have to do a test for crowd management but my coworkers didnt? lol do i just suck that bad?

Technically only ETLs, AP and GSAs had to take it so I take it you are in some sort of leadership role... Although some stores had electronics and other people do it too.

Technically only ETLs, AP and GSAs had to take it so I take it you are in some sort of leadership role... Although some stores had electronics and other people do it too.

PMT have to take it it's part of their learning plan

We don't know, and I had to write an electronics schedule. We all assume 6pm.

It worked out well, so I hope it sticks..... my team is spread out fairly. I even got them 10 hours between shifts Thursday and Friday. :p

We don't know, and I had to write an electronics schedule. We all assume 6pm.

It worked out well, so I hope it sticks..... my team is spread out fairly. I even got them 10 hours between shifts Thursday and Friday. :p

Are they only working 8 hour or less shifts? I am asking bc my cafe TL is saying she was told she can only give us 8 hr shifts this year where i guess in years past the cafe tms got 10-12 hour shifts (i was a cashier last year) :( im kinda bummed cos id rather work longer shifts that whole week lol

Ahh im sure they will be asking me to pick up cashiering shifts last minute all weekend anyways

Are they only working 8 hour or less shifts? I am asking bc my cafe TL is saying she was told she can only give us 8 hr shifts this year where i guess in years past the cafe tms got 10-12 hour shifts (i was a cashier last year) :( im kinda bummed cos id rather work longer shifts that whole week lol

Ahh im sure they will be asking me to pick up cashiering shifts last minute all weekend anyways

our sales goal for thursday thanksgiving is 230 k, friday 436 k and saturday 250 k .... tomorrow i'll take a picture of that board lol.

Not sure what our goals are but last year for Black Thursday/Friday we were one of the top 3 stores in sales.

We have a new team lead in the backroom who discussed our work schedule for thanksgiving week a few days ago. Told us flat out we are opening at 6pm on Thanksgiving day. We are also taking a truck at midnight that night, so at the time of my family's dinner, I will be in bed sleeping. Ship from store is working a full shift on Thanksgiving day, like 4am to noon, hoping to work that as well.

We had a visit today and I overhear that they are waiting for competitors still, but are strongly guessing it will 5. For now we are basing schedule on last years, but I'm working 3 pm for ship from store.

Apparently we're supposed to find out when we open tomorrow. My ETLs thought we should have known yesterday, but we got nothing. It has to be no later than Thursday morning, I'm guessing, since that's when the schedules are written.

Good thing about cashier shifts when you work Cafe is that you'll probably get tapped to cover breaks if there's not much (if any) overlap.

Hmmm. I dont know then. Definitely not a leader or in electronics. Lol We shall see. Probably will help outside or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back