Archived When does Target open on Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheredcardgoddFL

Electronics
I know last year we opened at 6Pm but I heard that corporate is making a decision by Monday or Tuesday, any idea when we would open?

Nobody knows yet. Target is really good at keeping this info close to the vest (or they haven't decided yet).

My bet is 6pm.

If it's earlier than that, they will probably close for a few hours overnight.

Probably gonna open at 6pm. I think opening up at 8pm would be really nice. That way if I do get scheduled I could have Thanksgiving Dinner and then be back in time to work. I have family that lives 4 hours away and every Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter we drive down or they drive up to celebrate. But that'd only work if I didn't work the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

But, this year it sounds like my uncles are working, my aunts have to work, and it's looking like I'm going to have to work too.

I just hope it's late enough that I can take a nap, and take a prolonged bathroom visit after dinner.

The schedule for Thanksgiving and Black Friday comes out this week so we should hopefully know by Tuesday.

I got a glimpse at the crowd management plan my ETL-AP developed for this year and he has myself and my partner TPS arriving between 3:30 and 4:00 for exteriror crowd control. So I would assume either 5:00 or 6:00.

Ive heard rumors from ETLs that corporate is debating on staying closed thanksgiving day and opening at 4am black friday.

Oh I hope so. I think Target would be smart to be sensitive to the public right now and they would get a lot of goodwill if they stay closed on Thanksgiving. But I've heard that whatever Walmart does, is what Target will do so...

I heard my store is opening up at 8, but I'm guessing all the stores will open at the same time

6pm is my guess, cause last year it wasn't a crazy opening but compared to previous years it was flat. Our parking lot was half empty when I got there, previous years I was parking off the loading dock since the lot was packed.

The schedule for Thanksgiving and Black Friday comes out this week so we should hopefully know by Tuesday.
Last year nobody knew for sure until later in the week. Schedules should be written under the assumption of last years opening time.

The announcement won't happen until the schedule is due for posting then and only then will they announce it.

But got with 4-6pm..

I always thought they waited until they got the official announcement from Walmart and then announced the same opening time for Target. The rumor for Walmart is 6pm so I'd say the rumored time for Target is also 6pm.

TLs keep bitching about starting at 4:00 on Thanksgiving but I have a feeling it's going be 6pm again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back