Archived When does Target open on Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmarts in my area are open 24 hrs. We usually follow Macy's. They are opening at 5. I am scheduled for 5 for crowd control. I hope it stays at 6. It for sure won't be later than that.

My vote is for 4pm. Target has been doing 6 for a few years and what better way to stand out from Walmart than to open 2 hours earlier.

hell yeah and like 10 to 12+ hrs on thanksgiving hopefully with more on black friday mmmm

and all the holiday differentials throught the seasons mMmmMMMM

For the past 4 years I got 40 reg hours 20 OT 16 holiday plus shift differential only thing I miss about that place

I always thought they waited until they got the official announcement from Walmart and then announced the same opening time for Target. The rumor for Walmart is 6pm so I'd say the rumored time for Target is also 6pm.
Walmart is open all day though, so it's hard to compare now. I'm pretty sure last year they staggered their "doorbuster" start times and some of them started earlier than we opened.

Can you imagine how many Red Cards they would miss out on if they waited until midnight to open?

Can you imagine how many Red Cards they would miss out on if they waited until midnight to open?
hilariously, in a 10 hr shift I got a whopping 0 redcards despite asking everyone

luckily I wasn't alone and like 3 others didn't either

hilariously, in a 10 hr shift I got a whopping 0 redcards despite asking everyone

luckily I wasn't alone and like 3 others didn't either

We didn't get very many red cards last year on black friday. A lot of people came in a few days prior though and signed up at the service desk.

We didn't get very many red cards last year on black friday. A lot of people came in a few days prior though and signed up at the service desk.

Interesting! I wonder why though? I only worked one Black Friday at Spot, back in 2014. We had 51 REDcards that night, at an A volume store. I wonder what's changed?

Im hoping they keep SCO closed.

Interesting! I wonder why though? I only worked one Black Friday at Spot, back in 2014. We had 51 REDcards that night, at an A volume store. I wonder what's changed?

People are cutting back on the amount of cards they have. A lot of the guests I ask are trying to get out of credit card debt and use only one bank-issued card now. I see a lot of people operating on a cash-only basis now too.

It MIGHT be that Target has gotten SO aggressive with selling the RED card. If you have every cashier ask every guest every time, guests get experienced at saying "no" over & over again.
People are cutting back on the amount of cards they have. A lot of the guests I ask are trying to get out of credit card debt and use only one bank-issued card now. I see a lot of people operating on a cash-only basis now too.

I have noticed that the last couple years that a lot of guests are paying with cash for their holiday purchases.

My wife and I started doing this. We take out cash at the beginning of the month and put it in envelopes for different categories. Helps us stick to our budgets considering no one uses the check book ledgers anymore.

So lets say Targets opening at 6pm Thanksgiving Day (since I've yet to hear anything official) what time does everyone expect to be at their store? 4? 5?

And will Target close and then reopen on Friday or go all night?

I've been out of the loop with "Black Friday" for several years now...

Last edited:
Im hoping they keep SCO closed.
At my store they are planning on having one team member cover two SCO's each. I don't like it. So two team members cover 4 SCO's in my case.

I would HATE HATE HATE to be on SCO during that crazy shit. Its bad enough during a weekend rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back