Answered When must you take your 30

So today I was scheduled from 11AM to 7PM with someone coming at 4 to close Starbucks. When she came in we got a rush and ended up taking my 30 at 4:22. When must you take your 30? Did I hit compliance? Thanks!!

So today I was scheduled from 11AM to 7PM with someone coming at 4 to close Starbucks. When she came in we got a rush and ended up taking my 30 at 4:22. When must you take your 30? Did I hit compliance? Thanks!!
most states are by your 6th hour, in which case you are good. if you're a minor or are in a 5 hour state, you are not good.

If there's ever a rush (I work GS, I get it), radio your leader. "I'm about to hit compliance" are magic words that will get you out of anything :)

Awesome!! I’m in Georgia and we have some of the worst labor laws so I’m probably good :). And I’m over 18 so that’s a plus
Even if your state has no meal requirement (and unknown to many people, more than half of the states do not), you still gotta take a meal when you work over a certain number of hours. It's usually before 6 hours in states like this -- that's set by Corporate, but you still get written up for hitting compliance.

I tell my team ”if you work hard enough you need and deserve a break every 2 hours“ .

8:00 punch in
10:00 Paid 15
12:00 punch out for unpaid 31 min. Meal
2:00 paid 15
4:00 punch out

of course not all shifts are 8 hours - which is when it gets a little tricky.
That’s how I always remember! Every two hours, take a break!

On the re communication board with the schedules, missing punch report, projected OT, etc is a state specific meal and rest break guide. It should clearly spell out how many breaks/meals re required for the length of shift you’re working. It very clearly spells out when meals are required. It should be pretty much Maclean in the middle of the board. These boards are all on a POG and should be monitored by HR to stay compliant.

Back