Archived When to expect a call after drug test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired and given a conditional job offer which will be made official after I pass the drug test. I was given 24 hours to get a drug test. Within 12 hours, I got it done (which I know for sure I passed). What is the norm in the waiting period from the time drug test was taken until we receive a call or email for the orientation/training schedule? A day? Two days? Week? :D

I am getting antsy lol.

Thanks. I just received a phone call (I'm impatient lol) and was told I passed the drug test. Now they are doing a background check which normally takes a week or so. But they want to schedule me for an orientation on Nov 20th possibly sooner. Now this background check, why does it take this long? Do they check our credit (if so I am screwed....credit shot to hell since my husband lost his job and one of main reasons I applied for second job at Target) or just criminial past?

No credit check. Just criminal history.

Thank you everyone! So it is a waiting game until I receive the call. Might as well enjoy the peace before I get thrown in the middle of madness. To start working the week of Thanksgiving/Black Friday is going to be interesting lol.

Thank you everyone! So it is a waiting game until I receive the call. Might as well enjoy the peace before I get thrown in the middle of madness. To start working the week of Thanksgiving/Black Friday is going to be interesting lol.

When I was hired last year, my first week of non-training was the week of Thanksgiving. As you can imagine, that was a lot of fun.

It can take up to two weeks, and right now Asurion (I think that's how it's spelled) is probably getting to a peak of requests as its the last hoorah of hiring before holiday season starts. As long as there are no hiccups it should be done within a week, 2 week tops. Although there have been cases where it has taken 1 month+ for some people (similar names and same DOB's with criminals effect that!)

I am in the opposite position....Passed my background check but am still wating on drug results (I KNOW I passed) but I just went in for orientation today and was sent home until results came back...wth!!! I took the drug screen 9 days ago!!!!
Does this sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back