Archived when will I get a name tag with my name on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

vee

I'm starting to wonder if this is a sign that their not planning on keeping me but Im doing well, im adjusting ok and I haven't done anything wrong. I think they just forgot about it, should I ask someone when i'll get one, even the employees are commenting about it. no one but the tl's really know my name...I got hired on jan23

There's a TM at my store who was hired last summer and he still doesn't have a name tag with his name on it. Either that or he always loses it. Every time I see him, he still wears his "New Team Member" tag.

I know people who have been with the company for years who wear the 'new team member' name tag.
They figure people are less likely to bother them and they don't have to worry about some teenager committing name tag abuse.
"Hey DAN, why are you working retail? DAN, you must not have worked hard in high school, DAN."

Get the label maker and cover the "New Team Member" with --

"Hi" - I'm Fred - and I'm worried they are gonna let me go?
-------------------------"Please Help Me"---------------------------
-And I'm basing this on whether or not I get a real badge-

Last edited:
i would just ask them about it... usually they order them right away when you get hired but sometimes it takes a wile for them to come in.. i wouldnt worry about it being a sign of what they think of you though...

Our hrtm didn't like me from the start so, for the first yr, I had a namebadge with a label tape over "kirsten".
When I got my first promotion, my ETL demanded she order me a proper namebadge. It still took a few months.

The label maker reminds me of my old store. When somebody would forget their name tag, we'd come up with silly names like Chauncey or whatever.

Happened to me as well once. I tend to keep my nametag in my car so I don't forget it. The one winter my dad took my car to work and swapped it out with a work vehicle for a few days. I was going by a girl's name for a couple days that week.

Our hrtm didn't like me from the start so, for the first yr, I had a namebadge with a label tape over "kirsten".
When I got my first promotion, my ETL demanded she order me a proper namebadge. It still took a few months.

Once again, you and I have something else in common.

silly names like Chauncey or whatever

I beg your pardon
toetap05.gif

Once again, you and I have something else in common.

That's one I'm sorry to hear.
Yeh, this TM never liked me. I tried hard to get on her good side, only to discover she didn't have one....

It took me nearly a year to get a name tag. The wheels of TSC move very slowly.

Mine don't turn slowly - I order badges every week for team members. I place them aside so when I see that team member I can give it to them personally. Since about Oct/Nov they have been coming in ever so slowly from whatever far planet engraves them. I've never seen it take up to 6 weeks to get them in - but I guess maybe now there is just one person on that planet and he/she is a little overworked/underpaid.

Mine don't turn slowly - I order badges every week for team members. I place them aside so when I see that team member I can give it to them personally. Since about Oct/Nov they have been coming in ever so slowly from whatever far planet engraves them. I've never seen it take up to 6 weeks to get them in - but I guess maybe now there is just one person on that planet and he/she is a little overworked/underpaid.

If only every TSC could have you...

Our's is fairly fast, too. I lost mine a few years ago (I think it fell out in the hanger bin) and it really didn't take that long to get a new one.

Find out who orders TIPP for your store and when. If you work at the lanes it will be the GSTL who writes the front-end orders for bags, paper, and such. If you are in Flow then your TL might write the occasional request but double check with your POG-TM because they probably request TIPP supplies once a week (I know we do). Point being, find someone who actually gets supplies order. Even better would be finding the teammember who places the order each week.
Give them a written list of the badge needed with what name is needed -- include four names on the list. TIPP can only place orders for badges in groups of four. Whoever orders your TIPP is more likely to place the request if they can fill all four badges with needed names. Conversely, they are more likely to hold off on ordering (and likely to forget) if they only have one or two names.

That's how it went down at my store anyway....

a name badge arrived today, so I glanced back in TIPP to see when I ordered it.
The darn thing took 15 days - and honestly - I think that was pretty fast.
They have been so slow lately.

We order our name tags that we need on Friday Afternoon and we have them in store mail by the following Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back