When will the Cash only SCO option be available for all stores?

I remember on workbench it said it’ll launch for some stores starting January 18 - my store still doesn’t have it

That's the opposite direction I would like for it to go.... I'd like all of them to be credit or debit only. It seems like whenever I walk by that area there's always a TM working on unjamming a machine.

Having a Cash-Only SCO register would be very desirable, as it could be truly customized with state-of-the-art technology for handling the acceptance and disbursement of paper currency bills. It would essentially meet the robustness standard of a bank-branch ATM. The SCO attendant would be trained to periodically check the cash supply in both the "accept" and "disburse" functions a couple of times during the day. In other words, the combination of a more RELIABLE register combined with scheduled periodic maintenance of the cash-handling supply would make this more dependable and seamless.

A reliable Cash-Only SCO register does entail time usage in handling the paper currency and coins, but cash transactions are exempt from credit-card and debit-card "swipe fees". Those card issuer swipe fees are quite onerous, ranging between 2% and 4% of the transaction, and Target has participated in retail-industry lawsuits against the card networks and card issuers over those costs.

Having separate Payment-Card-Only and Cash-Only SCO registers is a good idea.

Having a Cash-Only SCO register would be very desirable, as it could be truly customized with state-of-the-art technology for handling the acceptance and disbursement of paper currency bills. It would essentially meet the robustness standard of a bank-branch ATM. The SCO attendant would be trained to periodically check the cash supply in both the "accept" and "disburse" functions a couple of times during the day. In other words, the combination of a more RELIABLE register combined with scheduled periodic maintenance of the cash-handling supply would make this more dependable and seamless.
I think you forgot your sarcasm font. If you think cutting off the card processing from SCO means investment in more reliable ATM functions... have you met Target? I don't see how separating those functions into separate machines and requiring guests to choose is a good decision, for a number of reasons.

Really, what Target wants is for every guest to have a redcircle card and scan their wallet barcode every time.

A reliable Cash-Only SCO register does entail time usage in handling the paper currency and coins, but cash transactions are exempt from credit-card and debit-card "swipe fees". Those card issuer swipe fees are quite onerous, ranging between 2% and 4% of the transaction, and Target has participated in retail-industry lawsuits against the card networks and card issuers over those costs.

Having separate Payment-Card-Only and Cash-Only SCO registers is a good idea.
I think all SCOs should be card-only.

I'm honestly surprised by how many people still pay with cash. It's been years since I carried paper money.

I think you forgot your sarcasm font. If you think cutting off the card processing from SCO means investment in more reliable ATM functions... have you met Target? I don't see how separating those functions into separate machines and requiring guests to choose is a good decision, for a number of reasons.

Really, what Target wants is for every guest to have a redcircle card and scan their wallet barcode every time.
Yup!

Back