Archived Where do you apply for positions within the company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does applying internally really do anything? such as a TL position lol?

It can. Some stores only promote from the bench but as mentioned above a lot of stores will interview all internal applicants including those who have no chance at getting the job.

The good thing about the interview is it's a great experience to have. Interviewing is a skill that can help you far beyond your career at target

It can. Some stores only promote from the bench but as mentioned above a lot of stores will interview all internal applicants including those who have no chance at getting the job.

The good thing about the interview is it's a great experience to have. Interviewing is a skill that can help you far beyond your career at target
What were to happen if I interviewed, actually got a position, but say didint want the position?

I would think it would also definitely hamper your chances of advancement if, in the future, you did become interested - prolly true for not just Spot but any company.

I have been curious though about this aforementioned bench. Does the "bench" consist of only employees who have shown interest or is it a group of TMs that have been deemed to be eligible for promotion?

Bench to my understanding are for team members who have already passed their interviews and are just waiting to be given a team.. You are on the "bench" until you are called up.. Kinda like in Sports.

I have been curious though about this aforementioned bench. Does the "bench" consist of only employees who have shown interest or is it a group of TMs that have been deemed to be eligible for promotion?

Yup stores are required to have a list of team members for the pipeline (people who are bench material) and then the actual bench, those who pass the interviews and are ready to promote.

It's funny how many team members at my store who think they are team lead material but aren't in the pipeline.

Yup stores are required to have a list of team members for the pipeline (people who are bench material) and then the actual bench, those who pass the interviews and are ready to promote.

It's funny how many team members at my store who think they are team lead material but aren't in the pipeline.

My store is the same way, a lot of people think they're TL material but they're not in the pipeline. Most are actually my senior in terms of time they've been employed vs the time I've been here but my STL in one way or another has made it obvious I'm one of the favorites.

Lot of really interesting remarks and attitudes from that.

But the one coworker that is my peer in the pipeline; dude is 8 years younger, fresh out of high school (complete with all the maturity you'd expect from an 18 year old), arrogant as all hell and overall just has a really poor attitude about his development into a TL. He expects his mentors to hand feed him, shows no initiative in his development, won't trial period any extra responsibilities without pay raises so STL or ETL-HR can't get a decent picture of how he'd be as a TL. And he routinely complains about how he hasn't been made a TL yet.

I don't entirely know what my STL sees in him other than he does do decent work (as if thats all it takes to be a TL) but I'm encouraged to play along as if he would be my peer as a Team Lead. Which I perfectly understand the reasoning for, but on some level I'm not too thrilled about being on an equal footing with this kid with respect to us both being in the pipeline. Not to mention the TLs that are developing him have this weird bullshit where they have a kind of disdain towards me that shines through every now and then, and he's annoyingly competitive. Every thing I do, he has to do and do better.

I'd absolutely love to just be able to ignore him and his mentors and focus on my own development but gotta think of the teamwork though!

The one saving grace about all this is he's tired of logistics work and wants to move to either Hardlines or Front End while I'm firmly happy staying in either backroom, Instocks or Market.

/end_rant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back