Archived Where do you get your Target apparel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a new employee, I'm still looking to expand my wardrobe for work! I've found two pairs of khaki pants so far which I'm happy with (from American Eagle and Old Navy) and I only have two red shirts (from Wet Seal and Old Navy), which I'd like to find more of! Particularly a long sleeve shirt or a hoodie/zip up, since it's pretty chilly in my store.

I've been lucky enough to get a few free Target shirts as prizes for things in the store. However, the shirts I've gotten in the past I bought them at Kmart.

I've only bought one pair of pants at Target. All the rest of my pants have been Kohl's and Kmart.

In the cooler weather Target sells some really nice zipper jackets that are a fleece. A number of TMs have those....they seem to wear well.

Keep your eyes open for red Cherokee button down sweaters (DPCI # 015-00-6075) They are reasonably priced when they are on sale. I've got a couple of XL ones that I've had for several years. They really wear well, are easy to wash, have small buttons (so you don't get them caught on too many things), and they're warm, but not heavy so they're easy to carry around the store, or put them in your locker.

The XL is big on me....but that's part of what makes it so nice. Big and easy to put on.

I've gotten my pants from various stores, but mainly Wal-Mart or Target. As for my shirts, I believe I got them all from Wal-Mart since at the time, the Target that I was going to start working at had no basic red shirts.

I really like the C9 polos. I get them on the TM online store or through redcards/great team cards/stuff like that. They're very comfortable in cold and warm weather. I also get Dickies work pants; after the classic initial Dickies break-in peroid, they wear well.

Merona polo shirts in men's is are good too.

Yup, this was the first Red I bought at Target.

Otherwise theres usually never a shortage of free t-shirts (or polos if you're lucky) from contests and crap... I actually just gave all my branded Target Red Shirts (and jackets/hoodies) to my buddy lol, had about 5-6 things not including my non-branded Red which I kept ;o

For regular pants, I have a few pairs of comfy Dockers and Cherokee that fit well. My absolute FAVORITE are Cargo pants. Lots of utility, and super comfy.

As far as shirts... I have a copy Target T-shirts I've been given over the years... but a good Polo works just as well. I also have a comfy C9 zip-up hoodie, and a pull-over hoodie.

I just started at Target, but I found three red shirts at my local Goodwill that were in good shape. I bought my khakis from Wal-mart. Then I learned that since I'll be working in the Starbucks, I can actually wear black pants and a black shirt (both of which I have already), so I guess my red will be saved for random cashier shifts, hah.

I usually get the everyday khakis at Target, which sometimes goes on sale for $15.

I buy my khakis from Khols, and my shirts from the online company store. In fact, I just ordered one today. The basic c9 polo cost me just over $11 with all the discounts. Can't beat that.

Yeah, use your discounts on the online company store. TM Discount + RedCard = cheaper stuff, shipped free!
Also I found a stash of about 300 forgotten Great Team cards from 2008-09. Think those are still worth something nowadays? :fool:

Yeah, use your discounts on the online company store. TM Discount + RedCard = cheaper stuff, shipped free!
Also I found a stash of about 300 forgotten Great Team cards from 2008-09. Think those are still worth something nowadays? :fool:

Does your store sell shirts and hoodies for cards?
If so they should still take them.

Depending on your store, hoodies can be frowned upon. My last store wanted all salesfloor and front TMs to where dress or polo shirts, and simple khakis (no cargos). FoodAve, Carts, and backroom could get away with T-shirts.

Just get the cheapest shirts. Go to Goodwill, TJ Maxx, Ross's, or go with your own store's stuff.

Being a new employee, I'm still looking to expand my wardrobe for work! I've found two pairs of khaki pants so far which I'm happy with (from American Eagle and Old Navy) and I only have two red shirts (from Wet Seal and Old Navy), which I'd like to find more of! Particularly a long sleeve shirt or a hoodie/zip up, since it's pretty chilly in my store.

I've had good luck at these stores:
1) New York and Company
2) Hollister
3) Kohls
4) Target! Instores or online
5) Aero
6) Sears
7) Macy's/Nordstrom's

I get plain red T's from craft stores for 4 dollars a piece. You can always find coupons for 40-50% off an item too so i usually spend two dollars per shirt. I also get polos from the online store. Khakis I get from Old Navy and Maurices.

I don't know about your stores, but ours gives a 30% discount to team members for red & khaki uniform items - shirt and pants. Of course the problem is that then they don't seem to sell much that works in those colors and like someone else said the minute they clearance they're swooped on by everyone and cleaned out. >< Wish I could get that discount at the online store but alas it's only an "in house" deal. ;) Still, it's nice to have that free shipping via the redcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back