Archived Where's my money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannahlouwho

Can I get a back up to the front?
I've been trained as a GSA for a little over a week now and I have been doing the job for a week and have yet to get my raise. I can't even begin to describe how frustrating this is. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do about it? I'm doing the work, I want the pay for it.

Talk to your HR ETL.
They need to change your job code.
Leave them a stickie note, just in case they don't remember polite conversations.
Then when you get your next paycheck if it hasn't changed, talk to the STL.

Yes, this has happened to several people at my store, most recently myself. You can find my several threads about it around this forum. I have 3 weeks scheduled as GSA w/o a raise or sup #s. Your store will keep doing it to you for as long as they think they can get away with it.

However a hotline call is not advised until you have exhausted all other options. My STL is vehemently anti-hotline and will make your life miserable if you call.

Last edited:
Yes, this has happened to several people at my store, most recently myself. You can find my several threads about it around this forum. I have 3 weeks scheduled as GSA w/o a raise or sup #s. Your store will keep doing it to you for as long as they think they can get away with it.

However a hotline call is not advised until you have exhausted all other options. My STL is vehemently anti-hotline and will make your life miserable if you call.
If there is any proof of him making your life miserable you can report him. Calling the hotline they arnt allowed to take it out on you .

Target loves to do this to people. Most recently, I informed a SBTM that she was supposed to be in a higher pay grade than base pay. Boy was she pissed. I don't know if she talked to the ETL-HR, but she decided getting screwed over wasn't worth it and put in her notice. She was one of the good ones, and they have a hard time keeping TMs over there.

Hope the shiftiness of screwing people over to save a few bucks was worth losing a good TM.

Sometimes this happens when something is submitted to HROC it gets lost. When I was promoted, they got a week of me doing the job cuz they said it had to be at the beginning of the pay period.

I'd just ask the ETL HR and avoid going to any drastic measures. The Hotline is the nuclear option and will just leave a mark on you forever. Calling the HRBP is gonna get you no where cuz they're gonna ask what the ETL HR said and if you haven't addressed it recently they will be pissed.

Go talk to your etl-hr asap. Know the date that you're supposed to be at the higher pay grade and remind him/her. When they get around to keying it in they should put the correct date in. Stay on them. For some reason, hr's are reluctant to do the right thing. (I was in hr for 6.5 yrs.)

I try to apply Hanlon's Razor to to these kinds of things which is why I don't recommend the hotline.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Stupidity can equally be replaced with laziness, overwork, systems malfunctions, and not really caring.

It's also possible that you could talk to the HR TM too.
They can't change the codes but they are often (not all stores are the same, NASATS, etc, etc.) the Radar O'Reilly of the place and can put a bug in ear of your HR ETL.

This happened to me when I got promoted. I went about 3-4 weeks with no sup. numbers or job code change. Then, I finally got numbers. My third paycheck into GSA had a huge amount of backpay for every hour I worked in that position.

former HR TM here... we can submit backdated job code / pay grade changes to tmsc/hroc and it will show effect on next available paycheck. so just let them know :)

Thank you for the info and welcome to The Break Room.

Anyone know if I can collect backpay for the 3 weeks I've had the majority of my shifts as GSA?

My store refuses to key me in, so idk what to do. Really don't want to call the hotline as tempting as it may be.

You can only get back pay increase if they retro the date of your position back to a certain date.
My store/district are sticklers about making sure people get the correct pay. Mine was backdated for 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back