Which TL or ETL position has the least interaction with "guests"

I don’t mind being in pubic I just dont want to be on a cash register.
You think I like to be on a register ? Not even close , or be at gs?? No thanks . But I do it because we all help each other . And if you are not willing to go down and dirty you won’t gain any respect not from peers your leadership and most importantly not from your team. Just as much as you don’t like being on the lane neither are most of the gm team , they have shit to do yet they still need to support with back up.

I would prefer a position where I can work in the back, but I understand there is a possibility of being on a register. I’m looking for a position that’s move oriented towards moving boxes or stocking shelves instead of helping out guests on a register.

In theory, any leader could be called upon or take it upon themselves to respond to backup calls, but in practice there are leaders who never or very, very rarely ring. Backroom and GM leaders rarely ring in my store, Style lead never rings, VM rings when there's no one else.

In theory, any leader could be called upon or take it upon themselves to respond to backup calls, but in practice there are leaders who never or very, very rarely ring. Backroom and GM leaders rarely ring in my store, Style lead never rings, VM rings when there's no one else.

thank you for actually answering my question. I’m not acting like I’m above hopping on a register, I would just prefer not to.

You
I would prefer a position where I can work in the back, but I understand there is a possibility of being on a register. I’m looking for a position that’s move oriented towards moving boxes or stocking shelves instead of helping out guests on a register.
you don’t get to pick and choose what TL position you want you take whatever one is available do that one for a while, then you may get moved to another position or even another store.

I really don't think you wanna be there....

Typos aside, my SD will jump in to help unload a truck, push freight, work uboats or jump on a lane & she expects the same from her ETLs.

I’m not trying to hide in an office, I’m just seeing what plays out at stores. I would love to unload a truck and stock shelves. I just want a lead position and less likelihood of being on a register. Something where I’m physically far from the register or just not the first person getting called for back up.

I ad
I’m not trying to hide in an office, I’m just seeing what plays out at stores. I would love to unload a truck and stock shelves. I just want a lead position and less likelihood of being on a register. Something where I’m physically far from the register or just not the first person getting called for back up.
i advise you talk to a current TL ask them about there job duties. I think you’ll find it’s a lot different than what you thought. I am not a TL but, have been with Target a long time.

I ad

i advise you talk to a current TL ask them about there job duties. I think you’ll find it’s a lot different than what you thought. I am not a TL but, have been with Target a long time.

that’s what I’m trying to do here. I need a job and target lead plays into what I’d like to do further down the line.

Our ENTIRE leadership team has been required to perform EVERY task in the store at one point as needed.
That being said, if we are ONLY talking about being on a register: the 3 positions I have HARDLY EVER have Seen on a REGISTER are:
VM, HR ETL, GM/FULFILLMENT TL.
I will agree that this may be a factor Of individual personality MORE than position. ASANTS - whatever the SD allows to happen.

Our ENTIRE leadership team has been required to perform EVERY task in the store at one point as needed.
That being said, if we are ONLY talking about being on a register: the 3 positions I have HARDLY EVER have Seen on a REGISTER are:
VM, HR ETL, GM/FULFILLMENT TL.
I will agree that this may be a factor Of individual personality MORE than position. ASANTS - whatever the SD allows to happen.

Thank you.

You

you don’t get to pick and choose what TL position you want you take whatever one is available do that one for a while, then you may get moved to another position or even another store.
Exactly. They can pull you in the office and say we have a need at the front end, and your guest service skills are lacking, so you’re moving up there permanently next Monday. You have NO SAY WHERE YOU WORK.

I’ve been in HR for a long time and no, she wouldn’t suck at it. I’m fact I do believe she would be brilliant in HR.

She was a bitch to me two hours after I joined. It was completely unprovoked. I saw her do this to another newbie, too, shortly after they joined. Check my profile to see if. Maybe she can learn to say, "hey if that's your real name, change it," like a normal human. She was also Wrong. Michelle Scribe was a funny nickname. But fuck her.

Back