Who’s ready?

• Thread starter Targetanon1
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 5K

Do you want someone to represent you? Do you favor a union?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Targetanon1

Are you ready to do this? Are you fed up with how business is handled? Are you expected to do too much with not enough time or hours? Are you sick of not being appreciated? Join me. Spread the word to help not only yourself but every downtrodden co worker that won’t stick up for him or herself. Work isn’t supposed to be miserable.

Let me see who is interested! Let’s unionize this company for the better and not let them get away with this. I’ve been in contact with some different unions and plan on starting a “go fund me” as soon as I know more....

I just have one question.... WHO IS WITH ME!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like working for Spot. If your leaders are shit, your job is shit. At my old store my STL and I partnered to make things easier for both of us. I pulled the massive batches he dropped on us but he reciprocated on big transition days helping sort freight from the truck and clearing bulk space. Sorry your leaders suck but you’re not gonna get much traction on this forum.

I’m surprised at the response so far. I feel hostility... is it because you are all salaried folks or have drank so much of their koolaid you can’t think for yourselves?

I’m surprised at the response so far. I feel hostility... is it because you are all salaried folks or have drank so much of their koolaid you can’t think for yourselves?

No tired of the union threads. This isn't a corporate owned site. So if you want more involvement start a website of your own.

I want to help you! I’m not a team member.

All of what described, looks like time to pack up and head on out!

This is America in 2018, an increasing large swath of people have forgotten what unions actually do and have done for our workers in our society.

Plus more states have ALEC-sponsored right-to-work laws that make it difficult for unions to gain any traction & many retail chains won't hesitate to shut down any location that utters the "U" word.
Maybe some folks might be interested but they're gonna wait to see a success story rather than be an experiment.

Why is that?

I'll tell you why I'm not interested. 2 reasons. 1) I belonged to a union in an earlier job and that union did ZIP to help me when I needed them. They helped themselves, the union stewards. And 2) Krogers has a union and I don't think the employees there are significantly better off than at Target, if it's better at all.

So, I'd have to see it as a huge overall benefit to go out on a limb for a Target union. And I don't see that.

No, as much as I am disgruntled now and then, I like working for Spot. I've worked for others before. All that you've mentioned can be seen in other retailers as well but working conditions in Spot is better than others.

Thanks but no thanks, I actually love working for spot. I bust my ass everyday and my tls/etls noticed. now I get 40+ hours... Definitely nailing it for it being my first job. sorry if you have shitty leadership at your spot :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back