Archived Who is on top of the food chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a shift in the morning tomorrow ,and the hr tl gave me a task ( 5 hrs) ,today the etl log told me to do something else during my shift tomorrow and gave me 5 hrs on thursday to do the task for hrtl!
Hr tl talked to stl ,and they still want me to do the first task tomorrow!
The problem ,is that neither hr tl nor stl will be present tomorrow ! But etl log will be!!!!

What am I supposed to do? ( beside calling in !!!)

You inform the ETL-Log of what the STL said, then you end up doing what the ETL-Log tells you that day. If they decide to have you do something other than what the STL says(or even the HR TL), then it falls on their shoulders and not yours.

Always go with the E.
But be careful to document and confirm.
Make sure that the E understands that their orders conflict with previous ones given etc.
If you can, get them to pass on to the TL that you've been pulled off to do something else.
Communication it's a wonderful thing.

Communication is lacking in my store! And egoes are getting in the way !!!!
I will go with what my Etl is telling me !

And communication highly failed ....etl swapped shift with an another tl ,tl tells me to do what stl said .
did what stl and hrtl wanted me to do .Stl came in almost at the end of my 5 hour shift ,and told me that she didn't know that etl log had something else in mind ..
Long story short ,I worked 9 and half hours to do both tasks ..

And communication highly failed ....etl swapped shift with an another tl ,tl tells me to do what stl said .
did what stl and hrtl wanted me to do .Stl came in almost at the end of my 5 hour shift ,and told me that she didn't know that etl log had something else in mind ..
Long story short ,I worked 9 and half hours to do both tasks ..

Sorry to hear that, kinda typical SNAFU I'm afraid.
I hope you documented everything.
The only positive side is that you picked up some hours on your pay check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back