Archived Who is the district team leader's boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this forum and have a curious question:

Who is the district team leader's boss?

The District Team Leads report to their RVP, or regional vice president. There's 4 in the company. Open a RED magazine and they're on the inside of the front cover I think. Those guys report to Tina Schiel who is Executive Vice President for the Stores division of Target Corp. She reports to Gregg.

Fun fact: STL candidates interview with their RVP. DTL candidates interview with Gregg Steinhafel himself. I think I'd fall over dead.

Actually I take that back, there's someone between the DTL and RVP. Group Vice President. This person is responsible for 7-10 districts and their respective DTLs.

Actually I take that back, there's someone between the DTL and RVP. Group Vice President. This person is responsible for 7-10 districts and their respective DTLs.

Group Director. Mine's actually a pretty cool guy. ;)

(To clarify: MY DTL reports to a Group Director. As far as I can determine, GD and GVP are essentially the same position but some Groups have a Director and others a VP--based, I think, on volume, with the bigger Groups obviously having the VPs. Or it could simply be a seniority/potential thing--that is to say, a Group could have either position and they'd have the same responsibilities and all, but the ones who are ready to move up to the RVP level are called GVPs, sort of like the difference between ETL and Sr. ETL.)

Last edited:
I think a Group TL is a DC position.

Well yeah, but I don't think that's what he meant ;)

I probably should've typed GTL. The STL's boss is the DTL, the DTL's boss is the GTL, and the GTL's boss is the RTL/RVP/whatever the proper acronym is.

No, that's what we're talking about. The position between DTL and RVP is either "Group Director" or "Group Vice President" depending on the Group. Not GTL.

There used to be certain positions that had "Group" and "Team Leader" as parts of their title, e.g. Group AP Team Leader (GAPTL), but those have been renamed and are now known as "Business Partners," ie APBP.

No, that's what we're talking about. The position between DTL and RVP is either "Group Director" or "Group Vice President" depending on the Group. Not GTL.

There used to be certain positions that had "Group" and "Team Leader" as parts of their title, e.g. Group AP Team Leader (GAPTL), but those have been renamed and are now known as "Business Partners," ie APBP.

I didn't realize they had changed it. My bad.

STL reports to DTL. DTL reports to Group Director. (no difference at all between a GD and a GVP.) Group Director reports to the Regional VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back