Archived Who pulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an ongoing problem at our store. Who pulls the pog batches? One ETL says one thing. Another ETL says another.

If I had time to pull my own batches I would. But between back up cashier ingredients, doing smart Huddleston, and getting carts from the lot, there isn't time.

I don't know what best practice is. Can anyone direct me to the right place to look for it please? Thanks.

ETL-LOG's preferences should be observed. My store large transition sets BR assigns a TM to pull the batches, Revisions are all pulled by the plano team unless we're short PDA and have already taken every PDA away from those unworthy. TBH I have no idea what is best practice for this, all i remember is that hours aren't actually assigned to any team to pull the batches.

Not sure what BP is for pulling but backstock should be handled by BR, Plano hours don't allocate for backstocking. At my store, Plano pulls their own batches. I'm not gonna pull my BR from the autos for Plano's workload when they have the hours to get it done easily.

The issue we have is that some days, we do smart huddle for an hour. So if we have 4 pog tm, we lose 4 hours right there. If we each have to back up cashier 15 minutes, there's another hour. It all adds up. Today, we didn't finish the push. 4 vehicles of product sitting on the line. I'm not sure where we would get time to do pulls.

But oh well, I'm not the tl or ETL. They can figure it out.

We must pull whatever we drop unless someone else volunteers to do it for us.

I believe BP is for the Plano team to pull their own batches, backroom is responsible for backstock. To verify, you can search "presentation best practice" on Workbench and that will tell you A-Z what is expected for plano.

And I hear you on the long smart huddles, cashier backups, cart wrangling, and on top of all that, our plano team also works the truck for 2 hours M-W-F. It's a damn miracle they end up green for the week!

Usually our POG team pulls their own unless they're creating errors regularly or there are a lot of batches, then we will gather 2 of us and knock them all out right then so they don't roll over into autos.

At my store, they want backroom day to pull POGs, but we rarely have time to do it, so plano usually does most of them. Overnight backroom helps whenever they have time. We never touch revisions; plano always does those.

When payroll allows, we actually have backroom TMs scheduled under plano hours for the purpose of pulling and backstocking POGs.

Back room pulls. Technically. But the new process makes it difficult. During big transitions I schedule someone extra to pull. And to push. And aside from that it's a lot of communication between myself and the back room. Back room should be pulling and back stocking all items to limit errors. But then again they have other duties too. They pull ours if they're here and have time. Lately we've been in too early and have to pull our own.

My backroom pulls everything. We aren't getting nearly enough hours for pog lately so they have to pull. A lot of our stuff is palletized but there is still a good amount coming out of the backroom. With added trucks every week and less payroll then years before we have to work together to get everything done.

The last few transitions we've had more hours allocated to pog than we have people. Every tm was maxed at 40 so we just put a brtm and a flow tm to pull and push. They did nothing but pull and push while the pog team worries about clearing/setting. Seems to work. But usually the backroom never pulls, they do backstock though.

Backroom has the priority for those pulls, but sometimes a PLANO TM will pull the batches they need. This usually happens when the gunman is swamped with other tasks

My last store POG team pulled. This store has a dedicated pog team member who pulls and back stocks. Any left over backstock is for back room ( there's always tons)
And day side backroom pulls any other POGS people drop during the day

I looked up the best practices. Here is the file. It specifically says backroom pulls.

Attachments

• 20160804_114421.jpg
    20160804_114421.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
My Plano team are lazy fucks. Today they dropped 40 batches and bullshitted around. So I bullshitted my flexes and never pulled them because I also had audits, research and cafs.

Now they are 6 weeks behind.

I'm not trying to start a war. But we have specific roles according to best practices. That's it. I also can't help what happens at other stores. We don't bullshit around. If that's a problem at your store, address it.

But when my new ETL tells me pog is SUPPOSED to pull, I'm going to challenge that.

I'm not trying to start a war. But we have specific roles according to best practices. That's it. I also can't help what happens at other stores. We don't bullshit around. If that's a problem at your store, address it.

But when my new ETL tells me pog is SUPPOSED to pull, I'm going to challenge that.
My store can't even do anything. Our Plano TL hired and all female team. Most are older and they all use the excuse of not being Strong enough for br work like going up ladders.

It's bullshit and now they are so back up because flexes take priority over everything and br doesn't have time to finish their shit

My store can't even do anything. Our Plano TL hired and all female team. Most are older and they all use the excuse of not being Strong enough for br work like going up ladders.

It's bullshit and now they are so back up because flexes take priority over everything and br doesn't have time to finish their shit

I had this problem as well when I was replen. We sorted transition at a very high level, and everything was wrapped onto pallets striped by dpci. I didn't ask them to pull their own batches or even give me hours to do so, I only asked they learn how to use the crown. They refused.

I just refused to have my team pull pallets for them. After the first christmas seasonal set was empty for 3 days because they wouldn't pull it down, my stl told me to pull it down. Told her I would gladly train her to use the crown so she could do it for them, or she could send them back and I could teach them to do it. She wrote me up for insubordination and failed to make it stick, the HRBP told her she had to shred it. I asked him how the situation would work in reverse if all of my backroom tms were incapable of making bales or working reverse logistics. Would it be fair to make someone else come and do this every single time? No, it would be disruptive and idiotic. Just like plano teams forcing backroom teams to stop what their doing to get their product for them.

TLDR; Give them the knowledge to do it themselves, and if they refuse then suggest a different workcenter for them, where they can fill all of the core roles, not just the convenient ones.

As an aside, when I was a plano TL, all batches were dropped at the beginning of the night and one person was designated to pull the batches and drop/stage transition pallets at the beginning of the night. If it was a particularly large set like toys or market, I asked a BRTM to work plano that day for extra hours and had them pull. This way all of the product is already pulled by break, and you can focus on completion. If there's unforeseen issues, the product is ready to go, and anyone can push. I always felt this was the best way.

I looked up the best practices. Here is the file. It specifically says backroom pulls.

The reason it says that is because the adjacency calendar hours don't include pulling. The problem is, backroom doesn't get allocated the hours either. We don't see an increase in hours to accommodate the added workload come transition time. But if the hours were ever allocated to plano, you'd better believe we'd lose those hours.

I just don't let anyone pull my meat it has to be that special TM that I trust to pull my meat

I see what you did there.

My Plano team are lazy fucks. Today they dropped 40 batches and bullshitted around. So I bullshitted my flexes and never pulled them because I also had audits, research and cafs.

Now they are 6 weeks behind.

How much of that time was spent taking a shit?

[bureaucratic nonsense]

There's no reason why at least one person on the plano team couldn't be trained on the Crown. Why not their TL? Aren't most (if not all) TLs supposed to be trained on all the powered equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back