Who recently quit at your store?

HR ans front lanes tl are quitting. We now have our SD who is tickled punk for chasing everyone away. A specialty etl who is homophobic, trnasphobic, and overal a horrible person. And one softlines tl. Thats it for management 🙄
We lost another style person. 2 of our 6 total cashiers quit. Im just. . .gonna go get my floaties -_-

So you've got 4 cashiers left??? WTF? Getting people from other areas to take cashier shifts or getting people from other stores?
Nope 4 cashieta thsts it. We pull from the floor and rely heavily and self check out. Thats whem whats lef of thr floor shows up to freaking work. If they dont stsrt pushing to hire soon we are so screwed. Part of the problem is the idiot specialty etl who is literally throwing evefy single applicant out who doesnt have open availability its to inconvient for het to work around others. Idiot. Oh but dont ask her ads to hop on a lane or do actual work you get called insubordinate and written up. There id a big rrason people are fleeing and its her transphobic/homophic idiotic self and the SD who is so inside her own ego she cant see she is destroyung the store 🙄 i have seen some shit management here but this is a whole new level of wtf.

Nope 4 cashieta thsts it. We pull from the floor and rely heavily and self check out. Thats whem whats lef of thr floor shows up to freaking work. If they dont stsrt pushing to hire soon we are so screwed. Part of the problem is the idiot specialty etl who is literally throwing evefy single applicant out who doesnt have open availability its to inconvient for het to work around others. Idiot. Oh but dont ask her ads to hop on a lane or do actual work you get called insubordinate and written up. There id a big rrason people are fleeing and its her transphobic/homophic idiotic self and the SD who is so inside her own ego she cant see she is destroyung the store 🙄 i have seen some shit management here but this is a whole new level of wtf.
What is it with HR etls? The last two we've had have been awful. I never hear much good of any HR etls

This is also on the DM and HRBR for letting this continue in your store.

We Millenials were told for years to get college degrees because it was the only way to be successful, no matter how much debt you had to take out. A lot of people are in debt because they grew up being told this stuff.
Yep, it started with my generation going to high school in the 80s. I think the guidance counselors got kickbacks from the schools....

Yes, and back then they didn't care at all what you studied in college. It was all just "major in something you like." Lots of people go liberal arts degrees and found their career choices were extremely limited. The house of cards started crumbling in the early 2000s, but the advice to young people hasn't really changed much (except STEM! STEM! EVERYONE STEM!)

What is it with HR etls? The last two we've had have been awful. I never hear much good of any HR etls

In the nearly 3 years I've been with Spot, we have averaged 2-3 HR ETLs per year. Some were decent people but honestly, all were awful with their jobs. Almost all of them are straight out of college. Having talked to few of them, they had a very different idea of what their job would be. They thought it was going to be a 9-5 desk job. Working weekends & holidays, long hours, and having to occasionally do "grunt work" like cashiering or pushing was too much for them. Some of them frankly said it was just a temp job until they could get a real job so they didn't care. Target needs to do better job of hiring people who are genuinely interested and understand the requirements of the position rather than hiring somebody because of a college degree that has no relevance to anything in the real world.

No one at my store wants to see our HR-ETL anywhere near the salesfloor. When she does come down to help out she flexes the shit out of everything and fucks up the backroom. Nope, just stay up in your office please. We've had some HRTMs who are real gems though.

not quit-quit, per se, but my Market TL pulled me aside the other day to let me know she was stepping into the 2nd GMTL spot at my store. Not sure who's going to be taking over for her, I'm....nervous.

In the last 2 months,

TL-Inbound (PPC and Inbound)
ETL-GM
ETL-S&E (so called transfer)
TL-Market
ETL-Style
TL-Style
TL-S&E
TL-Inbound (Only Inbound)
Receiver
I know receiver isn’t a TL position but seems like one.
Now this month
TL - S&E
TL - S&E (fired supposedly)
TL- Style
TL- Style
Visual Merchandiser

The SD or the store is definitely gonna be looked at by Corporate.

Now this month
TL - S&E
TL - S&E (fired supposedly)
TL- Style
TL- Style
Visual Merchandiser

The SD or the store is definitely gonna be looked at by Corporate.
No they won't... we've had every team lead in our store go on Mental Health LOA and or quit in the last 18 months... some even filing suit against our SD. Corporate don't care....

No they won't... we've had every team lead in our store go on Mental Health LOA and or quit in the last 18 months... some even filing suit against our SD. Corporate don't care....
Maybe. I think Corporate will definitely start looking if additional ETLs start to walk out.
I recently left too (me being the receiver) since I couldn’t take a mental health LOA.

Maybe. I think Corporate will definitely start looking if additional ETLs start to walk out.
I recently left too (me being the receiver) since I couldn’t take a mental health LOA.
We're an SD, ET-HT and one GM ETL store... We're on GM #4 and HR #2 since since Covid started last spring... SD had been there about 6 months at th beginning. Corporate doesn't care as long as they're making profit and well, it'd almost be impossible to not make money in this current atmosphere...

Back