Who recently quit at your store?

Oh shit it's a door, that revolves? I thought it was a high velocity fan
More like those blades in a meat grinder. Chops them up and spits them out.

In the past 3-4 years every STL and ETL position has had three people in it. It’s amazing if someone lasts more than a year. There are only a handful of people still there from when I first started that I see on a weekly basis.

Why would a PMT quit? Better job? I hear you get srtl pay and it didn't seem like out did anything too diffudiff

If we go back to since I first started working here, we lost a ETL-Log right before I started.

A boat load of Seasonals (sfs, Softlines)

And few Hardlines people
Cashiers
APS, not that long ago.

Why would a PMT quit? Better job? I hear you get srtl pay and it didn't seem like out did anything too diffudiff

Spot rarely hires dudes with experience for PMT positions so they either
a) can’t handle the type of work and workload
b) hate the actual work
C) realize they can make more doing the same work anywhere else

Our store kills careers. Every etl or tl that has come to our store literally leaves target when they leave its just sad. We have lost so many good floor and logistics tms its depressing. Recently our stl has refused to come back, two 15yr vets have retired, and we lost our best market person so we are going to roast marshmallows when it sets on fire -_- Who needs good workers when you can hire mall workers that just stood around texting waiting for thier friends to drop by with the latest gossip :/

recently 2 of our brtms quit at about the same time, i knew they've been conspiring to do it close to each other so as to "fuck us over", problem was they didn't do much anyways and we are desperate for warm bodies so no one said anything as long as calls were answered and the line was set at night. so the schedule is gonna suck for a bit as we try to figure things out, but the rest of us are actually glad, especially the brtl.

Had one electronics TM walk out during their lunch during seasonal. Other than that everyone that has "quit" putin their two weeks and many even stayed additional days to continue helping and training. My store seems to be a revolving door of "returnees"...that word is fun to say. Lmao Anyway we have had folks put in their two weeks...leave for a few months...get re hired (DID NOT take an LOA) and still get credited with being a "7 year employee" or some shit...lmao like nah man that chick was gone for 3 months last year and wasn't on an LOA...that's not right. =P Whatever though. My store is super solid about keeping the same TMs because when we express what we like to do they let us just do that mostly. Kinda noticed that early in my first days working. You kinda get put where you're good-- which is good management. Edit: This new sales goals thing is making my hardlines TMs bitchier and bitchier and I am so glad I work hardlines maybe once a month so fuck a sales goal. xD I'd probably quit if they forced me to memorize sales goals and what I "sold". smh

Last edited:
Your years at Target don't mean shit to Target.

Well, actually they do...
GyZSWOR.gif

Our store kills careers. Every etl or tl that has come to our store literally leaves target when they leave its just sad. We have lost so many good floor and logistics tms its depressing. Recently our stl has refused to come back, two 15yr vets have retired, and we lost our best market person so we are going to roast marshmallows when it sets on fire -_- Who needs good workers when you can hire mall workers that just stood around texting waiting for thier friends to drop by with the latest gossip :/

Then you wonder why market smells so bad from all the rotting food and empty sales floor and all the freight is in the backroom cause you can't find anything..

And any PMT we have had that actually had skills has quit in short order to go to making bank somewhere else. Or the ones who didn't have skills as they developed them the bullshit factor caused them to run as fast as they could get hired somewhere else.

My store is hiring for everything...but anyone noticed that leaders are alot harder at interviews now. My ETL interviewed this girl I knew he'd hire and nope.

DTL quit
STL being performanced out
ETL HR quit
ETL GE quit
ETL Softlines quit
ETL AP termed
APTL termed
Flow TL termed
Hardlines TL termed
VML quit

These are some at the top of my head. All of these have occurred in the past couple months. Our leadership turn over is a joke! Can’t wait for these new hire college executives

Why so many terminations?

No one is irreplaceable.

Our last brtm put in their two weeks today

Lol

It's funny. Everyone seemed to be trying to hang on working here, all multi year tms, but got screwed with hours and only needed that one push of their friends leaving for them to leave as well

Why so many terminations?

It kinda started with our ETL HR. Convinced the STL to performance out all the TLs they didn’t see fit to replace them with new leadership. Same ETL HR left for another high paying job short after. DTL found better job as well. Our AP team on the other hand was doing some extremely shady stuff and then one day they and a couple ETLs were gone. Kinda always wanted to know what happened too....

Our last brtm put in their two weeks today

problem with the backroom is that its basically warehouse work, and most warehouse jobs pay way better starting out then spot could, so most people realize that pretty quickly and dip. its how we lost our best backroom guys last year. only people who stick it out are people like me who need super flexible schedules for school

problem with the backroom is that its basically warehouse work, and most warehouse jobs pay way better starting out then spot could, so most people realize that pretty quickly and dip. its how we lost our best backroom guys last year. only people who stick it out are people like me who need super flexible schedules for school

A lot of our previous BRTMs (and a few ETLs) have jumped over to Am@zon. Seems they recruit / headhunt Spot frequently.

I can't keep track

We're on our 3rd GE of 2018 and he's creepy, so hopefully that doesn't last, either
etl-hr
at least 6 style tms
3-5 beauty tms
1 or 2 in electronics

What does performancing out an STL or ETL look like? Never seen that at my store. How do you know if that’s why they’re gone? Just mysteriously disappear one day?

August will be 4 years for me, and only one of the ETL's/TL's I started with are still here.

What does performancing out an STL or ETL look like? Never seen that at my store. How do you know if that’s why they’re gone? Just mysteriously disappear one day?

A million visits. Your dtl might actually make surprise visits and he/she might call (though you might only notice that one if you're an operator). Maybe some serious looking walk/talks between the dtl and stl. I'd never seen any target leadership not look like a cheerleader during a visit until that time period lol. That's what happened before my first stl "resigned" weeks before my first etl-hr "resigned." That hr resigned before they got to him so he worked out his last 2 weeks. The stl was just poof, and they announced it in a huddle

I think our Food TL quit. I’m FB friends with him but not in close contact with him but I noticed a position opened up for Senior Team Leader and his profile while it doesn’t list dates, has a different company listed as his current employer and Target is listed as past. No mention of it as a status update either. I can only guess it was him since he seemed frustrated close to the end of my tenure.

Back