Who recently quit at your store?

ETL-HR retired last week. I remember at orientation, she said that she had been at the store I worked at for 20 years and I assume she had previous experience working in retail before that, either at Spot or another retailer.
Another guest advocate also quit on Friday. She was here about a year and a half before she decided to put in her two weeks.

I'll be putting in my two weeks notice soon. I am a General Merchandise Expect. My 90 days is at the end of June.

I've worked retail since 2005 in various positions. I have to say Target has been the most backwards experience for me.

My TL does not talk to me, has never offered any feedback, nothing. My ETL says Hi and all that and tells me what to work. Nothing besides that. I has probably given 10 minutes of "training" but lucky for me, I have many years of previous experience and was able to work with the Zebra and figure out some stuff, like making a sign.

The Store Director is meh. Not really overly friendly or helpful. The rest of the leaders at my store never say Hi and often times give me dirty looks. No idea why, but I don't care. I get my work done and leave.

My unemployment from my other job that laid me off thanks to COVID runs out at the end of June. I already have a full time job lined up outside of retail.

Happy for you! We lost our style TL this week ans not a tear wqs shed when that fool left! Sadly the replacement is young freah out of college with NO retail experience. Not surr if I should laugh or cry. I give them 6 months
That's the problem with Target. They hire 22 year old's with a Bachelor's in Art or something useless and put them into TL or ETL positions. They have no real life experience and suck at people skills. It doesn't work.

That's the problem with Target. They hire 22 year old's with a Bachelor's in Art or something useless and put them into TL or ETL positions. They have no real life experience and suck at people skills. It doesn't work.
I think that's (part of) the reason they're hired: because of the lack of retail/life experience, they can be molded into whatever corporate/STL deems fit.
To quote Han Solo, "Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you. You know it's true."
I'm not sure how much truth there is in that quote, but still...

One older team member who works at self-checkout quit without notice earlier this week. I heard that she got into a heated argument with a GSTL from another cashier. She also told me that she was unhappy being forced to get guests to sign up for the Circle so that could have been a reason for the argument. Another cashier also put in his two weeks to focus on school.

Another TSS quit recently as well. He was tough on me about preventing theft/coupon fraud so I'm not that upset to see him move on.

I've recently heard that someone I thought quit was actually fired. Apparently corporate was not satisfied with his performance. He always seemed to do fine to me, hopped in if any help was needed. I don't see where he was failing...

I've recently heard that someone I thought quit was actually fired. Apparently corporate was not satisfied with his performance. He always seemed to do fine to me, hopped in if any help was needed. I don't see where he was failing...
He was falling becuase he was helping people and being a decent human. Tarshit wants you to drink the koolaid and be a dick. They don't pay you to be a good person except to higher up and various assortments of Karen's.

My ETL just got fired and I am curious how much work experience the new one has. He had no management or interpersonal skills. I doubt if I had more than three face to face conversations with him in the last eighteen months.

In his defense he was probably way over his head but that is Target's fault.

Currently at my store there is a 22 year old doing training before being to transferred to the largest store in our district as an ETL.

We just lost a GSTL because she needs to spend more time with her family. She was great because she HAD WORK EXPERIENCE.

UPDATED

My new ETL has arrived and apparently has over 10 years of experience at Target which sort of surprises me.

UPDATED

We lost our Closing LOD apparently

UPDATED

Our Closing LOD walked out the door with no notice.

Last edited:
A couple of the experienced Guest Services/Drive-Up team members are quitting at the end of this week. One is focusing on school and the other one said she's going back to her teaching job. I think it's going to be difficult to overcome this because there aren't a lot of Guest Services-trained team members who are available at night. They were working pretty much every night at Guest Services over the last few months.

There’s a chance I might be getting fired next month since it’ll be 6 months even though I’ve done pretty much everything they asked me to do except times I couldn’t help because I was busy (I’m a cart attendant). Management up front has been toxic up from last few weeks and morale has decreased at my store and 2 people just quit within the last month.

There’s a chance I might be getting fired next month since it’ll be 6 months even though I’ve done pretty much everything they asked me to do except times I couldn’t help because I was busy (I’m a cart attendant). Management up front has been toxic up from last few weeks and morale has decreased at my store and 2 people just quit within the last month.

If you can, quit before you are fired. Easier to spin to future employees

I'm pretty sure the cart attendants at my store are treated the same way. Some of them have experienced the same thing where they tell me they can't do everything that is asked of them and it's been frustrating for them too. We've had several team members quit recently and morale has been down since last year.

I'm pretty sure the cart attendants at my store are treated the same way. Some of them have experienced the same thing where they tell me they can't do everything that is asked of them and it's been frustrating for them too. We've had several team members quit recently and morale has been down since last year.

It might not be so bad if carts/lot stuff was all they were asked to do. Now it's just a catchall 'front end bitch' position

If you can, quit before you are fired. Easier to spin to future employees
Just started job searching again but it’ll be difficult cus of COVID. I think I’m still seasonal even though I had my 3 month review and they said my job position wasn’t in danger. It’s just bad now at my store up front. Hours been cut for many and morale is down and stupidity and softness is up even more.

It might not be so bad if carts/lot stuff was all they were asked to do. Now it's just a catchall 'front end bitch' position
It really is, It’s hard to do many things at once and the fact these non-TL’s who get to be in charge up front try to be so damn bossy and do too much acting like they one of them are a joke and don’t know what they’re doing most of the time. Wonder if any other stores in Jax are really better than the one I work at and the other one that’s not far from my house either. They baby some of these really sensitive soft ass people because the company is a safe space for everyone which it’s fine to accept everyone but people like them are a issue when they are that sensitive and easily triggered and won’t do anything to help me for example and the fact they have to be babied or be covered just shows they can’t handle real issues.

Recently in the last YEAR our store has went through 2 STL's, 2 ETLs, 1 BRTM, 1 TL, 1 SETL and several cashiers. I guess you can say our store has definitely changed in the last 365 days! But change is good! Hopefully..

Recently in the last YEAR our store has went through 2 STL's, 2 ETLs, 1 BRTM, 1 TL, 1 SETL and several cashiers. I guess you can say our store has definitely changed in the last 365 days! But change is good! Hopefully..
BRTM? Target still has those?

My STL quit today.. So this 4th quarter is going to be a shit show. And to think I had some hope we would muddle through this season with some leadership. Let the backstabbing begin!!!! Cause we have one GM ETL who practically has "promote me to STL already!!" stamped on her forehead to a ETL HR who is just clocking time til he lands a better paying gig.

Back