Who recently quit at your store?

That and the 401k are only reasons I've not left. Target talks like they are so special because they pay $15 an hour.

I find it disgusting that I've been there 5 years and get same pay as newbies they want me to train.

I used to love Target. I don't anymore.
Same here!! Been with Target for 13yrs and paid like a cashier and working like asTeam Leader do!! If not only for the 401k.

Same here!! Been with Target for 13yrs and paid like a cashier and working like asTeam Leader do!! If not only for the 401k.
Paying a newbie the same as someone experienced never made any sense because the the experienced person is more efficient in their job and can do more.

It's not like you are saving money by cutting the hours of a person that makes more.

This is why annual reviews are meaningless because your base pay just gets reset to the minimum.

Since March:

Fired - GM ETL, Fulfillment TL, 3 TSS, other assorted TMs
Quit - SETL (ncns'd), Style TL, SS ETL, AP ETL, APS, 2 TSS, many TMs
Transferred - Style TL, assorted TMs

We started Q4 with 1 seasoned TSS, 1 TSS back from LOA.

At the height of the pandemic we had 73 people on LOA.

I'm exhausted!
IMHO management turnover is the greatest indicator of a poorly run business.

You need to look at turnover rate in the district AND COMPARE IT to individual stores.

We recently received a replacement ETL and Closing LOD. I got the impression they didn't transfer by choice. That also contributes to turnover too.

I urge everyone (in any industry) to talk their peers and potential co-workers before accepting a job offer. Too many people forget that interviewing is a two-way street.

Last edited:
A couple of people in Deli quit so they took people from shit ave to cover for it. The last person who quit there didn't even show up for their last shift. Why do the two weeks if your not gonna show for the last one?

I almost had to do that.

When I got the formal acceptance letter for the new job the start date listed was 15 days away. I had to drop everything to go in to Target that day to submit a 14 day notice.

It was perfect timing for writing the new schedule so I requested I not be scheduled on day #14, give me one day off between old job and new job. Fortunately they did that because the new job called the next week and told me to start a day early.

If I had been scheduled on the last official day I'd have needed to choose between working at ending job or at new job.

I noticed that another checkout advocate who was also cross-trained in Guest Services hasn't been here in a couple of weeks so I'm guessing that she quit. The old ETL-GM also hasn't been here since September or so and he was replaced by a younger ETL-GM so I'm assuming the previous ETL-GM retired or quit.

I noticed that another checkout advocate who was also cross-trained in Guest Services hasn't been here in a couple of weeks so I'm guessing that she quit. The old ETL-GM also hasn't been here since September or so and he was replaced by a younger ETL-GM so I'm assuming the previous ETL-GM retired or quit.

The old ETL could be on extended LOA and they sent you a baby ETL to cover. Why not just ask a TL or another ETL what happened to the old one?

The old ETL could be on extended LOA and they sent you a baby ETL to cover. Why not just ask a TL or another ETL what happened to the old one?
I just feel awkward asking about if any team members went on an LOA and I just don't feel like it's my business. I'm just reporting on some team members that I haven't seen in a while.

I know Covid leaves are a huge deal right now.. We are getting help from sister stores cause we are so short right now.. I had to sit out for a couple weeks on a exposure and didn't care who knew.. And also people are working weird shifts right now.. We have a bunch of people doing over nights since they are trying to cut them exposure to people in general. Dayside people often ask me if "so and so" is still here and usually the answer "he/she is doing overnights."

we thought a long term person quit but it was just the 'rona as them hip kids say

-- Edit --
forgot to add:
they're back and it was just the whole abundance of caution self quarantine thing.

Back