Who recently quit at your store?

I was surprised to hear this, but one of my store's SETL put in their two weeks notice since he found another job and their last day was yesterday. I haven't seen my other SETL in a month and I know it's probably going to be difficult to navigate next week without an SETL.

Paying a newbie the same as someone experienced never made any sense because the the experienced person is more efficient in their job and can do more.

It's not like you are saving money by cutting the hours of a person that makes more.

This is why annual reviews are meaningless because your base pay just gets reset to the minimum.
I find it abhorrent the way Target "rewards" it's people and yes, it causes a LOT of anger that we, with many years tenure, train newbies to earn exactly our same wage.

It's actually embarrassing to work for a company that treats people like that.

I find it abhorrent the way Target "rewards" it's people and yes, it causes a LOT of anger that we, with many years tenure, train newbies to earn exactly our same wage.

It's actually embarrassing to work for a company that treats people like that.
Most retail treats the rank and file employees that way. Unless you are in management and negotiate pay, you aren't getting diddly for experience.

When I first started working at Sears in the mid-80s, if minimum wage or starting wage went up, everyone who had been there for five years or less got a bump in pay. By the mid- 90s they did away with that, as well as time and a half for working on Sunday.

Retail is not the place to be if one is looking for fairness, or recognition that shows up in the paycheck for going above and beyond.

Another job, I actually felt sorry for one of my coworkers. We did the exact same work. The one side task, it was a matter of one person could be picked and she was equally competent. We worked the exact same hours. I simply had put up with more years of bullshit than she had.

She made $9.50 an hour. I made $17.50 an hour.

Would I give mine back? No. Did I think that she was horribly underpaid? Yes.

When she mentioned that on Sundays she was actually paying her child care provider more per hour than she was making, it was just all sorts of wrong.

Experience really isn't all that. Someone coming in can be even more competent in the matter of a few months than many of the folks that had been there longer.

Bitching that experience should mean better pay, how much of that is a wanting of longevity recognized? What all is done in an entry level job that can't be picked up quickly by a newcomer?

Another job, I actually felt sorry for one of my coworkers. We did the exact same work. The one side task, it was a matter of one person could be picked and she was equally competent. We worked the exact same hours. I simply had put up with more years of bullshit than she had.

She made $9.50 an hour. I made $17.50 an hour.

Would I give mine back? No. Did I think that she was horribly underpaid? Yes.

When she mentioned that on Sundays she was actually paying her child care provider more per hour than she was making, it was just all sorts of wrong.

Experience really isn't all that. Someone coming in can be even more competent in the matter of a few months than many of the folks that had been there longer.

Bitching that experience should mean better pay, how much of that is a wanting of longevity recognized? What all is done in an entry level job that can't be picked up quickly by a newcomer?
Completely agree. We've had seasonals who in a couple of weeks were better than long-timers. I think work ethic is actually more important.

I’m pretty sure our guy SETL is out the door he hasn’t been able to work a full consecutive wk straight since he’s sta
He probably sees that
Most retail treats the rank and file employees that way. Unless you are in management and negotiate pay, you aren't getting diddly for experience.

When I first started working at Sears in the mid-80s, if minimum wage or starting wage went up, everyone who had been there for five years or less got a bump in pay. By the mid- 90s they did away with that, as well as time and a half for working on Sunday.

Retail is not the place to be if one is looking for fairness, or recognition that shows up in the paycheck for going above and beyond.
It's still inhumane no matter how you lable it.
It's a complete and utter joke that we make the same amount of money as a 16-year-old kid sliding in for a break on vacation at Christmas.

I'm not going to train anymore of them.

You are absolutely correct. And sadly so.

I see around me, including myself, people that knock themselves out to do not just a good job but a GREAT job at Target and nobody (in the last year) bothers to say thank you or even acknowledge it.

Instead, and I've talked with others in the store, persons with disabilities, even though we've performed WAY ABOVE "standards", Target is trying to make us quit.

It sounds counter intuitive and IS counter intuitive but is happening right in front of me.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

I used to LOVE my job at Target. I REALLY did!

It took just 2 people to put the store to misery.

No one there is excited and happy about anything anymore. A complete change from a year ago today. Last year, today, everyone still loved Target.

It's hard to accept as I wanted to be one of those long term people and make a difference.

I tried very hard. I just got worn down from being barked at by this new, idiotic ETL. She's unbelievably stupid abd spiteful.

It only takes one cockroach to take down a building. Target hired one and the store went from on top to garbage in no time.

You are absolutely correct. And sadly so.

I see around me, including myself, people that knock themselves out to do not just a good job but a GREAT job at Target and nobody (in the last year) bothers to say thank you or even acknowledge it.

Instead, and I've talked with others in the store, persons with disabilities, even though we've performed WAY ABOVE "standards", Target is trying to make us quit.

It sounds counter intuitive and IS counter intuitive but is happening right in front of me.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

I used to LOVE my job at Target. I REALLY did!

It took just 2 people to put the store to misery.

No one there is excited and happy about anything anymore. A complete change from a year ago today. Last year, today, everyone still loved Target.

It's hard to accept as I wanted to be one of those long term people and make a difference.

I tried very hard. I just got worn down from being barked at by this new, idiotic ETL. She's unbelievably stupid abd spiteful.

It only takes one cockroach to take down a building. Target hired one and the store went from on top to garbage in no time.
Sorry you are going through this. Same thing happened at my store.

I'm pretty sure one of my crushes who's in Consumables quit because I don't see his name on this week's or next week's wall schedule.
Goodbye cute freezer boy 😢

I'm pretty sure one of my crushes who's in Consumables quit because I don't see his name on this week's or next week's wall schedule.
Goodbye cute freezer boy 😢
I wouldn't assume that until the next schedule comes out.

I was only scheduled 5.5 hours this week but 24 the week after. Actually one of of best truck team members wasn't scheduled at all that week.

I am more annoyed that I would have planned a trip if I had known I wasn't being scheduled for so few hours that week. Actually Target posted the schedule two days late the week I got 5.5 hours.

A Guest Services team member who also watched the front quit last week. I think she was still in school and I heard she has enough money saved up for her tuition and she couldn't balance working with her classes. It's unfortunate that she is leaving since she also mentioned that she wanted to be a team leader in the future and we only have a couple of those in the front-end.

A team lead (I think he was GM team lead) was promoted and is transferring to another store. I remember that when I first started, he was a GSTL, then he became a closing lead before he moved to the GM team lead position. I will miss his experience although he was sarcastic and overly blunt at times.

We've lost one TL and the seasonal TMs, who would have stayed if given the choice. Even the people who hate the store don't quit. Not many other options.

One of the guest service/flex team members put in their two weeks and is quitting since she found another job. She seemed to be really good at both but she did complain about our ETL-SE occasionally so maybe that played a part in why she decided to move on.

I am not going to give too many details to avoid my store being identified. Details in my post are slightly fudged.

Two AP TMs have been axed. AP hours have been axed.

I can't imagine how this could possibly go wrong!

Three fulfillment TMs and two in market. All in the same week. And a bunch of GM people are ready to quit since they are fucking sick of picking OPU/SFS instead of doing their jobs. With the snow storm we had over the last weekend only two fulfillment TM's actually showed up.
We are having the same issue but with fast service. If cashiering is so important why do we have only one cashier until noon???

We are having the same issue but with fast service. If cashiering is so important why do we have only one cashier until noon???

My store OPU's blow up about 10am and when the SFS/OPU opening people start hitting lunches so people who would back up are now picking orders soooo its a shit show. And you can't pull from the two people from guest service since drive ups are now constant so they can't leave to back up cause that is always when someone shows up for their order.

My store OPU's blow up about 10am and when the SFS/OPU opening people start hitting lunches so people who would back up are now picking orders soooo its a shit show. And you can't pull from the two people from guest service since drive ups are now constant so they can't leave to back up cause that is always when someone shows up for their order.

If you have a 6 am cleaner, they need to go lunch then too. I notice the cleaner always seems to be dead last in priority. I can see why, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Back