Who recently quit at your store?

One of the ETLs at my store was "invited to leave" just recently when someone told the SD about the relationship the ETL was having with one of the Store TLs. The kicker is this particular ETL instigated several sexual harassment investigations shortly after joining the store a year ago that got several TMs and one ETL fired...😲
Well there is a difference between harassment and a consensual relationship. The relationship may get one invited to leave, but it's not on the egregious level of harassment.

Well there is a difference between harassment and a consensual relationship. The relationship may get one invited to leave, but it's not on the egregious level of harassment.
A claim of harassment was exactly what Target was trying to prevent in this situation and why the ETL was pushed out and not the TL. While most companies won't forbid office romances, they draw the line at relationships between employees of unequal stature. In our case, even though the TL did not report directly to the HR ETL (really, you would think an HR ETL would have more sense), the HR ETL still had influence over the TLs schedule, hours, etc. which made this an unequal relationship. If the TL had been fired, he could have filed a case of sexual harassment against Target.

A claim of harassment was exactly what Target was trying to prevent in this situation and why the ETL was pushed out and not the TL. While most companies won't forbid office romances, they draw the line at relationships between employees of unequal stature. In our case, even though the TL did not report directly to the HR ETL (really, you would think an HR ETL would have more sense), the HR ETL still had influence over the TLs schedule, hours, etc. which made this an unequal relationship. If the TL had been fired, he could have filed a case of sexual harassment against Target.
The fact it wasn't the one ranked lower to be pushed out is progress in itself. Usually when this happens the higher ranked one keeps his or her job.

Our HR ETL put in her notice last week and decided that yesterday would be her last day. Can’t say I blame her, honestly I’m happy for her.
We have a new HR ETL, just started this month. Bets are already being taken as to how long she'll last. And rumor has it we're getting a new SD as well. Quite the revolving door, our store...sigh.

Service advocate and cashier termed in the past 2 weeks. 3 market team members out on Covid leave, hopefully back soon. 2 market team members quit. 1 more market team member put in his 2 weeks yesterday. Front end TMs are scared of more terminations. Market TL is exhausted. We are also on our 3rd GM ETL in less than a year.

HR ETL promoted. GS TM transferring. Style TM transferring and another Style TM on a 3 month LOA. Almost no veteran TMs left. Style TL actively searching outside Target. Flex TL actively searching outside Target. Veteran Tech TM leaving Target. Average of 10 C/Os a day with 3-4 NCNSs. Store has great metrics though but for how long???

Send help!

HR ETL promoted. GS TM transferring. Style TM transferring and another Style TM on a 3 month LOA. Almost no veteran TMs left. Style TL actively searching outside Target. Flex TL actively searching outside Target. Veteran Tech TM leaving Target. Average of 10 C/Os a day with 3-4 NCNSs. Store has great metrics though but for how long???

Send help!
As long as the metrics are green they will do nothing. If the metrics dip them those remaining will get flogged until the metrics improve.

As long as the metrics are green they will do nothing. If the metrics dip them those remaining will get flogged until the metrics improve.
True... here's how it will probably play out. The remaining veterans will be pushed to the breaking point and will start dropping, metrics will begin to slip, TLs and ETLs will step in to keep metrics from slipping too much, TLs and ETLs will start dropping (seeing some of this already). New leadership or new team or both? I just don't know but such is the life of retail I guess. 🙃

Yup, my old store has ETL HR dismantling Easter and setting Summer/Seasonal.

Our ETL HR doing a set? Yeah no..

We had our entire Starbucks crew quit in the same two weeks.. Their TL was told she was useless garbage by the SD so she quit and her TM"s followed her cause they were just as pissed off. GSTL and three cashiers, three inbound, one flex TM.

A couple more GS team members quit, one to focus on school and the other moved (not sure if she transferred to another store where she moved or if she found another job). A couple of long-time HR team members retired as well. During my fifteen, a Style team member expressed frustration from being called for back-up so much and told me she wants to quit and find another job as well.

There is barely any coverage at the front-end but I'm still getting 30+ hours because we've had so many team members quit or go on LOA. I'm really starting to feel burnt out and frustrated as a result of all of this.

Last edited:
Flex TL put in 2 week's notice. Still about 10 C/Os a day with 1-3 NCNSs thrown in for good measure. Closing team is picking OPUs and/or pulling OFOs. We haven't zoned in a long time...we also won't get a new HR ETL for a couple of months.

ETL GM-P2 (over 30 years, fired)
3 Markets TMs
SETL
Food Service TL
HRTM
3 FLEX TM
2 Inbound TM
1 Inbound TL
GM P2 TL
18 SD/ Checkout Advocates
3 Style TMs
2 Closing Experts
1 TSS (later rehired as Style Closer)

Bonus ETL-SE is gone for health reasons, and we still have 1/2 Closing TL positions open

So saying we are short staffed is on under estimate even though we are a AAA++ store

Just had a GSTL, one Style TL, one flex TM, one market TM and three inbound all this week either leave or drop notice.

It's basically so bad at my store if you want 40hrs you can work 40 since we are so short handed.

Last edited:
Back