Archived Who's all staying or seeking new employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying for now. I have a job offer, but it would be taking over for someone when they retire and that might not be for a couple of years yet. I really don't want to try to find something else in the meantime. Plus they like me here and indicated that they might be able to accommodate for me in certain situations.

That was my thoughts with Target. Wasn't perfect, but I was satisfied. I enjoy the non-set schedule but working every single weekend doing eight-nine hour midshifts was tiring. That's the only thing I would change.
That's definitely a tough schedule!

I can't tell you how many people where I am at are just waiting for the phone to ring. I don't even know if I can hold out until the thing that is closer to my house finally gets built(not a Costco but telling what it is will out me its very specific) I may need to find something in the mean time. The complete lack of any support is grating my last nerve. That and my leadership team while I get this change is forced from above don't just stare at me when I ask you to come up with solutions for issues I can't cause its above my paygrade.

I’ll be gone soon if everything works out. Just tired of the working conditions. I flat out told my TL this the other day, “I can’t push and backstock four u-boats in two hours . . . and neither could you.”

I’m one of the fastest workers at my store (seriously I like to make a game out of it), and it’s still not good enough for these fools. Plus now they want us to do our own pulls?

When I started we only had to unload the trucks and push the product. Now we have to do that, get our pulls, backstock, answer phones, help cashier, and work around guests (we used to be done before opening).

I could understand if they gave us 8 hours to do this (still not enough time but I’d try my best). But no—they want it done in less than six hours! Sometimes four!?

Stay if you’re getting hours, but if you’re a former flow team member that’s being treated like crap now, start job hunting. Or just “detach” like one member said. Go in with a, “This is bullshit vibe,” and do enough to get by while not letting it stress you out.

Never planned at staying past my 90 days but I've been making enough to survive (for now) while searching for a job related to what I studied in college. I will most likely me out of Target by sometime in July.

They just announced that a proposal for a new Costco near me was approved earlier this week. Like 2 blocks down from a Target. Maybe I'll have to check it out!
🥺 please stay

I’ll be gone soon if everything works out. Just tired of the working conditions. I flat out told my TL this the other day, “I can’t push and backstock four u-boats in two hours . . . and neither could you.”

I’m one of the fastest workers at my store (seriously I like to make a game out of it), and it’s still not good enough for these fools. Plus now they want us to do our own pulls?

When I started we only had to unload the trucks and push the product. Now we have to do that, get our pulls, backstock, answer phones, help cashier, and work around guests (we used to be done before opening).

I could understand if they gave us 8 hours to do this (still not enough time but I’d try my best). But no—they want it done in less than six hours! Sometimes four!?

Stay if you’re getting hours, but if you’re a former flow team member that’s being treated like crap now, start job hunting. Or just “detach” like one member said. Go in with a, “This is bullshit vibe,” and do enough to get by while not letting it stress you out.

We're paying you 13 an hour now, get it done....

That their statement everytime I bring something up. Its fucking sad.

I just have to add; I've been doing my own pulls and backstock since I ever went into my store's grocery department. We were E2E before E2E even existed minus the pricing and signing. It is 100% doable to be doing everything in the department. Some nights it will be stressful, but doable. Last year 1's and 5's pulls were over 200 tasks each and took maybe half an hour to forty five minutes to do each pull. Working them took another hour. On days like that, you just have to get whatever you can done with a heavy emphasis on clearing the backrooms for the morning so there's at least room.

I was probably a little more involved than everyone else and I did more than I was asked. I would do man cafs before every auto and it definitely reduced the stress of it even though I was working out the same amount of product, even more. Gave me time to zone, audit, QMOS, stock milk and eggs.. when Modernization hit we ended up not doing Bakery and Deli mancafs every morning which freed up the time for price change and signing and to do more before the FDC truck came at 9am. They should have had us stop doing Bakery and Deli pulls years ago, but it's nice they finally stopped that.

Staying, at least until I see how the DBO thing works out. We're moving in that direction now so I'll probably have a better idea of how it's working in another couple months. As long as I can stay with an early schedule so I can keep doing my other job, I'll stick with it.
But @seasonaldude is right - there's no such thing as a frustration-free job. Even when I was fully self-employed, there were still frustrations and I was my own boss!

Thats very true nobody is sure what to do ir if they even want to be with spot anymore
Because my store has a tendency to think were useless truck unloaders and well give all the hours to hardlines untill they fuck up and then all the sudden unload can stay late a few weeks to get all the departments clean and organized and then boom back to being the red headed step child untill the store needs help catching up again because general merch. Doesn't do shit with there 30hr weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back