Archived Who's down with NOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd miss it a bit since it includes certain info on the single screen that's useful that item search buries under a menu or two. I end up using it a lot less since I moved up front though since dropping into RF apps for something like that is a time-waster when 90% of what you use is in web apps.

I love NOP, but I have to scan an item about three times for it to tell me the location. Is it just our store or is this everyone? Sometimes it will respond quickly, but most of the time, it's really laggy, started months ago. On a 9200 PDA item search and WebApps is pretty fast. I TRY to avoid the 9090 PDAs as much as possible because of their slow processor.

I love NOP, but I have to scan an item about three times for it to tell me the location. Is it just our store or is this everyone? Sometimes it will respond quickly, but most of the time, it's really laggy, started months ago. On a 9200 PDA item search and WebApps is pretty fast. I TRY to avoid the 9090 PDAs as much as possible because of their slow processor.

It lags at my store too. Doesn't matter if I'm using an LPDA, the older, or the newer PDAs. Its the worst when I first log in and open up NOP, and gets (slightly) better after that. I'll always use it over Item Search though, just because of how much of a pain it is to pull up dual locations on IS, especially if your calibration is wonky.

NOP is amazing!!! I use it constantly over in softlines being that I'm the brand tm
The stl at out store constantly tries to have me push Unlocated product from the back so I have nothing to put on tables that I set 2 weeks later! Very frustrating, but I love being able to see when the product sets and sending it back.
In our store item search takes 5 min to do anything. I usually help guests using different rf apps like NOP, upcs, subt just because it's so much faster than waiting for the web apps to load than having to click through a million menus.

Yeah I usually have to scan twice when I first start using NOP for it to come up. Same thing on STO.

Yeah I usually have to scan twice when I first start using NOP for it to come up. Same thing on STO.
that's not the NOP functions fault, it's our crap equipment. or to be nice our not so gently used PDA/LRT/LPDA/Magic Wands and possibly less than efficient back end servers being run off an asthmatic 25 year old one legged hamster named Frank who's feeling rather under the weather at the moment.

I almost always use NOP when pushing CAFs or re-shop. It's so much faster than using Item Search and doesn't require perfect touch screen calibration to use (see: 9200 PDAs) because I can scroll, toggle, etc. with the buttons.

that's not the NOP functions fault, it's our crap equipment. or to be nice our not so gently used PDA/LRT/LPDA/Magic Wands and possibly less than efficient back end servers being run off an asthmatic 25 year old one legged hamster named Frank who's feeling rather under the weather at the moment.
Our hamster is on its death bed. Wecjust call him willy. Corporate promised a new one.... 6 months ago

Umm....item search gives you the same location as NOP.

Umm....item search gives you the same location as NOP.

So although you are correct but NOP does the job most of us need it to do with out the lag, poor design, and unresponsiveness that Item Search brings to the table.

NOP came before item search I believe when I started back in 05-06. Back then we had PDTs not the fancy PDAs. Item search is ok, I use it more to find items at other stores. Tapping on the PDA screen while in item search is a nightmare. In NOP you can either hit the up and drown arrows or type u for up or d for down. It works efficient. Easy on the eyes and less hassle.

I like NOP, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is that if you set item search to salesfloor, you get all the same info as NOP, plus the selling price and the capacity (but not the POG number if there's more than one location). And you get more than one location on the screen. The web apps run fairly fast on a 9200. Comparable to rf apps. If I'm working in the Backroom though, I toggle between pull, sto, and NOP.

Nop is easier to get to. But I look for it to go away along with the rest of rfapps.
Nop will not show store ties. Item search will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back