Why are TMs and TLs treated differently in regards to being off the clock?

Why is it okay when a TL works or is in an employee area (like the office) when off the clock but not a TM? I only see TMs getting pulled aside and being told that they'll get fired, but when TLs do the exact same thing or worse, no one says anything. Is there different protocols I'm unaware of? It it a clique thing?

Planosss

User friendly.
How does this work when a closing TL is lunch, there are no other leaders in the building and they called for abc etc?
Just ignore it? Cause break?

How does this work when a closing TL is lunch, there are no other leaders in the building and they called for abc etc?
Just ignore it? Cause break?
At my store closing lead doesn’t go to lunch unless another lead is there. There’s always at least one other lead there until 6 or 7 closing lead makes sure lunch is taken before they leave.

Basically, if you’re on company premises or doing activities for the company, you’re covered. Like, if you had a slip and fall in the break room while on your meal break, you’re covered. (This goes for pretty much all US companies- not just Target)

The issue here with TMs working off the clock is a compensation issue and possibly a violation of break rules- not a workman’s comp issue.