Archived Why aren't shipper located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is still doing 4x4s.. Two hours gone everyday!

POG pushes batches nothing more.. We even fix their jacked up sets and move anything that has to be pulled from the home.

Well 4x4's have been discontinued. So there's the hours. And the fact is when you don't do your job correctly, you're pulling from someone else's time to fix it later (ex. Looking everywhere for a missing shipper or looking for staged product for fulfillments). No hours are being saved by not locating things.

Your plano team should be stocking their own POGs, unless they have to pull them too.

99% of shippers are for salesplanners.

My store is still doing 4x4s.. Two hours gone everyday!

POG pushes batches nothing more.. We even fix their jacked up sets and move anything that has to be pulled from the home.
My store still does them as well. It's a waste of time and they only do it in parts of the store that they want to.

Our shippers are all in one spot. Let your pptl or signing person know OR EVERY POG PERSON YOU SEE. There is only 5 or less. Our pog team pulls our own batches. But if you are a BR TM pulling batches, you should burn the shipper unless you are told it's needed. Or the set date is old (& it has one- let your BRTL know if you have one) pull it & send it out. And by old I mean like a week, two at most. AND FOR THE LOVE OF SPOT: DO NO, I REPEAT, DO NOT THROW AWAY SHIPPERS WITHOUT CHECKING WITH LIKE 4 DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!!

There should be a way to designate shippers in the system such that they only get pulled in POG fills and not autofills/CAFs. Then they could be located without issues until they're needed for a sales planner or whatever.
But then you run into the issue of a product selling out in its home location, and having more of that product just sitting in the back and not pulling because it's in a shipper.

A better solution would be to include a separate pick label on every shipper that is for just the empty shipper. That way if you need the product to fill the home location before the shipper is set, you can do so and then backstock the empty shipper with that secondary pick label.

But then you run into the issue of a product selling out in its home location, and having more of that product just sitting in the back and not pulling because it's in a shipper.

A better solution would be to include a separate pick label on every shipper that is for just the empty shipper. That way if you need the product to fill the home location before the shipper is set, you can do so and then backstock the empty shipper with that secondary pick label.

But you would have to have people who can figure out the label is for the shipper. Yeah not happening.

True, but if you pulled the product out of the shipper and it all sold before the sales planner set, then you'd only have an empty shipper to put on the endcap with no product. So much for using the endcap to drive sales.

An alternative would be to give the shipper product different DPCIs (which would require unique UPCs), then have the items merge when the sales planner ends. But we all know (especially instocks) how much of a pain in the ass that would be once the sales planner sets.

True, but if you pulled the product out of the shipper and it all sold before the sales planner set, then you'd only have an empty shipper to put on the endcap with no product. So much for using the endcap to drive sales.

An alternative would be to give the shipper product different DPCIs (which would require unique UPCs), then have the items merge when the sales planner ends. But we all know (especially instocks) how much of a pain in the ass that would be once the sales planner sets.

Why we would have an empty home location and a full shipper. Otherwise a empty shipper gets pulled, tossed and flexed over and when product does come in? Sits in the back cause it went straight to back stock. Cause Flow don't push to end caps or puts product back when a location has been faked, flexed, even when marked as such.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! That shit, I mean stuff would all end up in signing!!! And NEVER go out!! Inevitably with a "uh I didn't know it was over here...." I'm constantly met with "no we can't back stock that fixture, shipper, etc" I say " why not then it would be sure to go out!" Face plant
It's meant to be full in most cases for a sales ad. People tend to be pissed off when they come in with the ad and we are out. Myself included.

The sad part is, the shipper has its own dpci & should not come out in a car pull.

True, but it's an assortment that contains product that the system wants on the floor. Or are you saying that the shipper itself has a DPCI that's different from the assortment DPCI?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! That shit, I mean stuff would all end up in signing!!! And NEVER go out!! Inevitably with a "uh I didn't know it was over here...." I'm constantly met with "no we can't back stock that fixture, shipper, etc" I say " why not then it would be sure to go out!" Face plant
It's meant to be full in most cases for a sales ad. People tend to be pissed off when they come in with the ad and we are out. Myself included.
Omg yes. "Can i leave this shipper with you? It sets three weeks from now but we are going to push the product" NO. Leave it in there. Push it on time. Corporations pay big money for product placement.

Omg yes. "Can i leave this shipper with you? It sets three weeks from now but we are going to push the product" NO. Leave it in there. Push it on time. Corporations pay big money for product placement.
But as it is right now, those get pushed half the time anyways and then the actual shipper gets thrown out. It would not be too difficult to start telling flow that empty shippers go with the backstock and tell the backroom how to backstock it. So when it sets in a few weeks, it will be the first thing to come out in the batch, along with any additional product that has come in since the shipper was cannibalized.

It would be an ASANTS thing because some stores would rather have an empty home location if it means having a full shipper in a few weeks. I know my STL would rather sell the product as quickly as possible, even if it means having to fix sparsely filled endcaps.

My store handled it by having two or three locations in receiving just for shippers. If a shipper showed up in a batch, it got burned. We all decided it was better to have a few holes on the floor and just let plano handle the shippers when the need arose

My store handled it by having two or three locations in receiving just for shippers. If a shipper showed up in a batch, it got burned. We all decided it was better to have a few holes on the floor and just let plano handle the shippers when the need arose
We have dedicated shelves in steel. If it pulls in a caf batch it gets burned. Endcaps filled is priority over in line anyway.

We have dedicated shelves in steel. If it pulls in a caf batch it gets burned. Endcaps filled is priority over in line anyway.

What we do, trapped for major revisions of two places in the steel. HBA/COS and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back