Archived Why did target fuck over the GSA position so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 50 cent raise was just eliminated, and newly trained gsa is looking for new job.

So now I know how it's going to go.

It sucks how much the GSA position is underpaid. When I first started at Target I was quickly trained in many departments but started as Cashier in early 2016. Was asked to be GSA (when they still got the 50 cent raise). They no longer get the raise, it’s base pay now same as a cashier! GSAs are expected to do the same responsibilities as GSTLs in my store. (Completing front end orders, responding to MyGuest complaints online, etc.) This is because my GSTLs are senior TLs and work LOD most of their shifts with one actual day at the front a week.

Most people take the position because leadership tells them they will essentially be taking that role as leadership development to possibly become an actual TL. While I’ve seen that become true it rarely happens.

GSA is technically a TM role with supervisory register access so that’s why it’s also underpaid. Cost spot less to pay more GSAs $12 then GSTLs at $16+ hour.

I just want GSA to do my own overrides at the SD when the actual GSA is who knows where playing Candy Crush Saga or taking a smoke break.

Could never be me. I’ve always said the instant a guest becomes unreasonable/sketchy/irritating/annoying to deal with in general, I always call the GSTL (GSTL meaning whoever is watching the front, whether it be an actual GSTL, a GSA, or a cashier covering a break) to deal with them. I do NOT want to be the person that gets called to deal with these kinds of people because I can’t handle it. Lol

Could never be me. I’ve always said the instant a guest becomes unreasonable/sketchy/irritating/annoying to deal with in general, I always call the GSTL (GSTL meaning whoever is watching the front, whether it be an actual GSTL, a GSA, or a cashier covering a break) to deal with them. I do NOT want to be the person that gets called to deal with these kinds of people because I can’t handle it. Lol
You just have to say “There’s nothing we can do for you on the store level, if you want I can give you the number for Target’s guest relations, and maybe they can help you there.” 9 times out of 10 at my store they don’t even want the number and just storm out, and then the other time they take it and don’t call because they know they’re in the wrong and are just pitching a fit. It works to get someone out of your hair though. Even as a GSA you can still call the LOD over for an issue if the guest is insisting that you escalate the situation to a higher level manager

I just want GSA to do my own overrides at the SD when the actual GSA is who knows where playing Candy Crush Saga or taking a smoke break.
Finally got officially added in the system to be a GSA and my main reasoning behind saying yes to be one was this. More freedom at the service desk and I already solve all the cashier’s blinkers when the person watching the front decides to disapear, so might as well get the supervisor function and title!

solve all the cashier’s blinkers
OMG yes, we have a few newbies who keep doing who knows what and they blinker incessantly and they see me coming and ask me, but I'm like, "welp, New Team Member, I can't help you even though I know what to do because I'm gonna need a code. I'm sure GSA Casper the Ghost will be by soon. Heck, do what everyone new in trouble does and keep smashing that 'ADDT'L ASSIST' button until the GSA shows their face. Oh, you're afraid SL or HL will come up here and back up? Nope, they won't. They don't until their TL yells at them to come up. You go ahead and smash that button, Newbie."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back