Archived Why did target fuck over the GSA position so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
Criminally underpaid they were before but now not even a raise? You’re a manager but not a manager when convenient and make the same (often less) than the team members you supervise..

As a former GSA and now GSTL.. it doesn’t make any sense. Even as a GSTL now my workload is more or less the same than when I was GSA (however I was essentially a GSTL when I was a GSA, without the official title).

This is definitely one of the craziest decisions corporate has made to date in my opinion.

Last edited:
HastyHeftyBeagle-size_restricted.gif

Criminally underpaid they were before but now not even a raise? You’re a manager but not a manager when convenient and make the same (often less) than the team members you supervise..

As a former GSA and now GSTL.. it doesn’t make any sense. Even as a GSTL now my workload is more or less the same than when I was GSA (however I was essentially a GSTL when I was a GSA, without the official title).

This is definitely one of the craziest decisions corporate has made to date in my opinion.

I feel the least Target can do is give GSA's guaranteed 38 hours ( or do they already do that). Not always as GSA, but cashier hours, guest service whatever.

Last edited:
Like my peers are so desperate for a GSA that they’re pulling out of their ass at this point.

I stand my ground to what I believe a GSA should be like.

It’s kind of hard though when there really is no incentive to it anymore.. (other than full time hours and potential development to a TL).

Like my peers are so desperate for a GSA that they’re pulling out of their ass at this point.

I stand my ground to what I believe a GSA should be like.

It’s kind of hard though when there really is no incentive to it anymore.. (other than full time hours and potential development to a TL).

Don't have to be a GSA to be a GSTL or any leadership position

GSA, in an ideal world, would work mid shifts while GSTLs are scheduled full coverage. They would watch the lanes for any blinkers, do overrides, speedweave, call for backup, get change/bags etc. GSTLs could focus on managing their team, ordering supplies, maintaining front end brand, dealing with any guest issues, not just front end guest issues. GSAs would cover the GSTLs breaks.

If that’s how it was done, I wouldn’t see a need for a pay increase, or at least not much of one. It’s simply different front end work, the way service desk, SCO, and order pickup are.

cashier: $14/hr starting
GSA: $17/hr starting
GSTL: $20/hr starting

there I fixed it
Lol.

At my store, GSTL has become the position where TLs who couldn’t handle their workcenter end up.

Cashier: base pay
GSA/Service Desk: +50¢
GSTL: team lead pay is negotiable and varies based on experience, performance, and your negotiating skills.

You say crazy, I say stupid. The Front End is the first and last impression of the store. They should be investing in that, especially if they want to elevate the guest experience to best our online competitors. But...what do I know. I only interact with guests 40 hours a week. :rolleyes:

I have been asked to be a GSA... not sure yet if I’ll do it, but I feel like I kind of do a lot of GSA duties currently so I might as well get the title. I love my GSTLs and GSAs, so I want to do it in that right, but so much stress and so little incentive... I am torn.

I know of only one person that was hired as a cashier, bumped to GSA then to GSTL, then to SrTL THEN became an ETL at a new Target Express store. In nine years of working for this company... one person.

GSA, in an ideal world, would work mid shifts while GSTLs are scheduled full coverage. They would watch the lanes for any blinkers, do overrides, speedweave, call for backup, get change/bags etc. GSTLs could focus on managing their team, ordering supplies, maintaining front end brand, dealing with any guest issues, not just front end guest issues. GSAs would cover the GSTLs breaks.

If that’s how it was done, I wouldn’t see a need for a pay increase, or at least not much of one. It’s simply different front end work, the way service desk, SCO, and order pickup are.

So, not cool for the LOD to print off their speed ID and hand it to a cashier (a minor too) and have them in charge of the front end for 4 hours with no GSTL scheduled at all?
Asking for a friend ;)

I know of only one person that was hired as a cashier, bumped to GSA then to GSTL, then to SrTL THEN became an ETL at a new Target Express store. In nine years of working for this company... one person.
Target rarely ever promotes people internally. I know one person similar to that and they only moved up due to connections.

what thats like a regular team member they basically just dont do anything but watch the front
“GSA, I need help on register 7!”
“GSA, can you come to guest service to speak with a guest?”
“GSA, can you go to the back room and pull some product to fill these end caps up front?”
“GSA, can you come to electronics to override for a price match?”
“GSA, I need pennies!”
“GSA, I need my break covered at Starbucks because I’m about to hit compliance in 5 minutes”
“GSA, can you do this guest pull? Backroom has gone home for the day”
“GSA, can you watch out for OPUs? Flex has to go downstairs and pack to meet goal”
“GSA, can you unlock a baby monitor for a guest? Electronics is on his lunch and beauty is backing up at the front lanes”
“GSA, we have no one to back up right now, can you just hop on a register? I’ll be in my office if anyone needs anything”
“GSA, can you call in this SCO? It’s broken”
“GSA, I need help on register 7 again”

ohhhhhhh I mixed up the gsa with something else I got confused i didnt know what a gsa does besides watches the front with the gstl.... nvm i take that back i think i would go insane during the busy days! I mean wouldnt they rather just be a sales floor

ohhhhhhh I mixed up the gsa with something else I got confused i didnt know what a gsa does besides watches the front with the gstl.... nvm i take that back i think i would go insane during the busy days! I mean wouldnt they rather just be a sales floor
It’s different at my store because we have 4 GSAs but only 1 GSTL with rarely any overlap, so the GSA is pretty much always by themself. Some stores the GSA and GSTL work alongside each other at the same time so the responsibility varies by store, but in all it’s still /sort of/ a leadership position that is treated horribly

true... and i notice they make them take over starbucks or lod or food avenue if team members need breaks for the gstl... I personally would never apply for any of those positions I would rather be in apparel lol

Target Express stores don’t have ETLs, just SrTLs and an STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back