Archived Why do people open packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've opened stuff before, or opened it up more, to make sure everything was there. Usually I only do this if the box/package looks tampered with. If all is good I buy the package I opened.

Big pet peeve when people put it back and grab the same product, or leave food in another department. What a waste.

Right. Can't Target be fined if an inspector sees frozen food around the store?

I just had a guest open a package with a shower cap in it, pull the shower cap out to examine it, decide she didn't want it and then just toss everything into a bin right in front of me. These people I swear!

I hate the ones who open the packages and then say I want a discount for it being Open...I just say I cant open packages with tape that closes it(only do on repacked items so they cant ask for more discounts). Which is most electronics. I also hate the ones who ask me to open speakers/headphones so they can listen.
tht i will not do. thwy must pay then test. if they don't like them tgen we will or return or exchange at electronics. this mostly because almost everyone hates repackaged headphones. etl and stl got tired of the crapton of salvage

A couple weeks ago while pushing the frozen/dairy autofill I found cds in with the milk....it wasn't even that someone had stolen it...they were sealed

Last edited:
I don't understand why people have to come into the store, find the aisle with all the beanbag and fold out chairs, pull them all off the shelf, then just leave them there and walk away.
Seasonal right now has been me every morning putting back all the chairs, tables and pillows because no one zones seasonal, or at least it doesn't seem like it when i come in the morning.

On my day off, I walked into the trashcan aisle to see a woman who had pulled out ELEVEN DIFFERENT TRASH CANS & WASTE BASKETS!
She glanced at me, put the one she'd been holding in her cart & walked off.
B*tch. I hope your kid blows it up doing something stupid.

I just had a guest open a package with a shower cap in it, pull the shower cap out to examine it, decide she didn't want it and then just toss everything into a bin right in front of me. These people I swear!

What a cunt. I usually say something.

OMG YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT!!! People leaving tempature sensitive FOOD all over the store definitely pisses me off more!!!!! why is it so hard to just give it to the cashier so they can make sure it goes back???
At my store at least, even if they gave it to the cashier, if it was refrigerated or frozen we QMOS it because we don't know how long they were walking around with it. :/

Once, I bought a sodastream and when I opened it (a month later because I refused to open it without making counter space) the air can and the bottle were missing. But, of course they gave me an even exchange despite the fact I used a cartwheel coupon that no longer existed, because target is nice when it comes to that stuff. Oh and when I was picking the replacement, I did open two boxes to feel for the air can and bottle (you can feel them without lifting it out too far). I was able to fix one of em. I bought the one I couldn't re-situate.

TL;Dr I see where they're coming from when they're worried about being "ripped off."

I don't understand why people have to come into the store, find the aisle with all the beanbag and fold out chairs, pull them all off the shelf, then just leave them there and walk away.
THOSE ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. Seriously. I threatened to zip tie the chairs every single shift. It doesn't even last 5 minutes before they're strewn all over the floor again.

I can't fucking stand the bungee and waffle chairs. There should be display models of each permanently attached to one of the furniture flats, and the ones on the shelves should be in boxes (with pictures so they can choose a color without ripping it open).

I can't fucking stand the bungee and waffle chairs. There should be display models of each permanently attached to one of the furniture flats, and the ones on the shelves should be in boxes (with pictures so they can choose a color without ripping it open).
I hated these in the black Friday ad. They were all over the store until we sold out. I always pass them walking back and forth to produce and my ocd kicks in. Twenty times a freaking shift-not even my area.

I hated these in the black Friday ad. They were all over the store until we sold out. I always pass them walking back and forth to produce and my ocd kicks in. Twenty times a freaking shift-not even my area.
I hate when the middle-aged moms would come in and would decide that since the ad has other colors that we must have them, go to the backroom to make sure, bring out the only color not on the floor, she compares them for five minutes before deciding she didn't want one of them. Things like this only get asked of me when I'm busy with market stuff. >->

Sold out of them? Sheesh...we had dozens of pink ones getting moved around the back room for about a week until I finally got fed up and made space for them to be backstocked. I'll be damned if I didn't pull them all back out two days later for price change. Good riddance, stupid chairs.

Trust me, they will open the packages even when you have display models.
Or, better yet, if the item has a clear box that you can clearly see what the item actually looks like, they will open the box anyways to make sure their eyes aren't deceiving them. This is especially bad with smartphone cases just because people want to check if their phone will fit even though the package clearly states IT WILL FIT THE FREAKING PHONE IT WAS DESIGNED TO FIT NO F'ING PROBLEM. :mad:

Sorry for that little outburst... It just annoys me when people decide that opening a package they didn't clearly buy in the middle of a store is 100% okay, and I'm not sure if I should ask them to buy it before they try it (I really think I should since I doubt anyone would buy something that someone else opened unless it was heavily discounted or something).

because they are assholes... nothing you can do about it... take it to guest services and let them defect it out.

Trust me, they will open the packages even when you have display models.

They already do it now with vacuums and small appliances. If they already do it with these expensive electronic gadgets, they'll have absolutely zero qualms about anything else.

They already do it now with vacuums and small appliances. If they already do it with these expensive electronic gadgets, they'll have absolutely zero qualms about anything else.
Spiderwrap them. Locking peghooks for all the electronics shit they like to open. Notes taped to each spiderwrap that say "display model available." Strongly enforced policy of "don't open it until you buy it."

i work mostly in market , i always see cosmetic products hidden behind cereals or cans of beans, i dont get it? .. is it an attempt to steal them later?

I see this a lot in small appliances. I asked a guest once why she was opening the package, her answer was she wanted to make sure it had a cord/plug because the displays have no cord/plug. I see this a lot and I get the same answer...

I see this a lot in small appliances. I asked a guest once why she was opening the package, her answer was she wanted to make sure it had a cord/plug because the displays have no cord/plug. I see this a lot and I get the same answer...

OMFG!

I hope you didn't stand too close to her, I've heard stupid can be contagious.

This is why more aisles need display models so guests can see what merchandise looks like.

But clearly. Judging by the Bottle aisle, displays and all, people still want to be destructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back