Archived Why do people open packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store at least, even if they gave it to the cashier, if it was refrigerated or frozen we QMOS it because we don't know how long they were walking around with it. :/

Yes but at least it's in a TM's hands, and not out there in the store just waiting to be found.

I think Alfred sums it up pretty well here:

tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

i work mostly in market , i always see cosmetic products hidden behind cereals or cans of beans, i dont get it? .. is it an attempt to steal them later?
They used it as a "tester" and are too ashamed of their idiocy to put it back in the correct spot or give it to a team member. Or they just decided all of a sudden that they didn't want it and, again *ugh* didn't want to spend the 1 minute putting the item back or giving it to a team member.

But clearly. Judging by the Bottle aisle, displays and all, people still want to be destructive.
They tear up the display fixtures... I really don't understand that. It's needlessly destructive and you'd think they'd leave it alone after they couldn't pick the damn bottle up. Of course, they've always torn up the breast pump displays as well. It's appalling.

People hide things because they don't want you to know that they're the asshole who decided they didn't want that lipstick after they already put it in their cart and walked sections away.

I've seen a girl using lip butters as testers (I was shopping so no red shirt) and I knew exactly what color I wanted and the b blocked me because she was afraid I'd take the last tube of a few colors before she swiped them across her stupid arm. I mean, I guess that was her thought process. That really grinded my gears, though. I order my lip butters now.

Smartphone cases are the absolute worst. They just "want to see what it looks like"...... it looks EXACTLY the way it does through that clear plastic. Then it's always, "I want one, but let me get the one behind it that hasn't been opened or messed with". Really?

This all got worse about a year ago when everyone was told to do what's best for the guest. I'd they ask to see an item, open it for them. The sheep caught on & assume they can now open every damn thing. When we say we can't open certain items, they keep on until they threaten to go elsewhere (there's the door!), ask for an LOD, or we get tired of the crap & open just to get them the hell out.

I order my lip butters now.
That's one thing that target should take note of - allowing assholes to be assholes in the store will drive away customers. You stop them and the vast majority will be happy you did. If they get showered with discounts then everyone goes online so they don't have to see that kind of corporate bullshit "make everyone happy by throwing discounts around" policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back