Why do the numbers change?

We have been told to flex everything out. No problem with that. I then change the number to fit to what i put on shelf and also the amount on shelf number. Next I change the fit # back to what actually fits and leave the amt on shelf # the same. Then a truck or two later a case would come in and when i check the numbers the amount on shelf has changed to match the fit # even though the amount of product actually still on shelf is still more than the fit #. Hope that made sense. I understand that corp or dc might want to send more product but why or who changes the numbers?

We have been told to flex everything out. No problem with that. I then change the number to fit to what i put on shelf and also the amount on shelf number. Next I change the fit # back to what actually fits and leave the amt on shelf # the same. Then a truck or two later a case would come in and when i check the numbers the amount on shelf has changed to match the fit # even though the amount of product actually still on shelf is still more than the fit #. Hope that made sense. I understand that corp or dc might want to send more product but why or who changes the numbers?
Quite confusing . Where are you flexing ? And are you flexing right?

We were on such a great routine that it really wasn't necessary. It was actually a good idea when we first started. (Pilot store)
I agree they're not necessary if I can maintain a routine; but when I'm pulled to help in another area when that DBO is on vacation or there are a lot of revisions and/or sales planners to do, my routine gets off track.

Back