Archived Why does Electronics make more than regular sales floor TMs but Service Desk makes the same as cashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Guest Service at my store has all the keys including TLOD keys.
What do they need keys for? Even if the key box is located there, only TLs and up should be opening it to sign out keys for other TMs.

What do they need keys for? Even if the key box is located there, only TLs and up should be opening it to sign out keys for other TMs.

That's so weird...I assumed that my store was normal for allowing the Guest Service Team Members open up the key cabinet and allowing Team Members to sign out their own keys for the day. It makes it easier so we don't have to wait for a Team Lead to come unlock it I guess...

Shocking to me that keys that are lost by a tm would be a corrective action or automatic final, yet these same keys are not in a locked area. Our keys are in a lock box in tsc. When flow comes in, our tl or Etl hands out the keys and you sign them out. It always amazes me how Target stores are run so differently.

That's so weird...I assumed that my store was normal for allowing the Guest Service Team Members open up the key cabinet and allowing Team Members to sign out their own keys for the day. It makes it easier so we don't have to wait for a Team Lead to come unlock it I guess...

My store is high volume and it's the same. Guest service has keys to the keybox with everything. Obviously key carriers have their own keys

We always just give our GSTMs the second pair of GSTL keys. I'm sure as hell not running back and forth constantly to grant keys when I'm on my own...

However that's at a B store. My old AA store took key control super seriously and only ever allowed GSTL/GSA access and they would watch until it was signed out.

Shocking to me that keys that are lost by a tm would be a corrective action or automatic final, yet these same keys are not in a locked area. Our keys are in a lock box in tsc. When flow comes in, our tl or Etl hands out the keys and you sign them out. It always amazes me how Target stores are run so differently.
Exactly! If the keys aren't really that secure to begin with, what's the point of locking them up at all?

The sign out process is the same at my store, and signing them back in at 2:30 is easy since that's when the morning and closing LOD are both at TMSC talking. If anyone needs to get keys during the day, they call the GSTL (our keybox is about 15 feet from the checklanes).

Wow. My store has NO key control. The keys are in a lockbox behind GS that is never locked. It has the GSTL keys, electronics, market, cart machine, HBA, Mobile, baler, fire alarm box, and a few other keys, with the work center keys bunched up by what keys that workcenter would need (e.g. GSTL keyring has cash fund/cash cart key, magnetic key, and GS drawer key). There's a sign out sheet, but barely anyone really uses it. Our ETL-AP might be getting ready to crack down because he had me make 30 copies of the key log recently. Plus, most keys are never really gotten from the box after they are initially picked up. We hand off keys like the flu. Opening GSA gives keys to closing GSA. HLTM needs a makeup case unlocked, borrows electronics keys. Hell on black friday, everyone on hardlines near toys or electronics shared the electronics keys, with everyone borrowing them to help guests, then holding onto them until someone else needed them.

It's a travesty guest service doesn't pay even 25 cents more than cashier but that doesn't mean electronics should be paid less.

A good electronics tm can make 1% of your daily forecast in a single sale, more at LV stores.

Service desk value is in not having to push red cards.
We are required to push red cards at service desk. Busy day in the store means busy day at SD, often with one person multi-tasking.

We are required to push red cards at service desk. Busy day in the store means busy day at SD, often with one person multi-tasking.
I'm envious you have lines

If its busy at electronics and I gotta multitask or handle multiple guests I get swarmed. There will be guests at all corners of my boat or one shouting at me from videos games for something to be unlocked and someone will always end up pissed bcos "I was here first!!" but for some reason those savages have no concept of a line

I'm envious you have lines

If its busy at electronics and I gotta multitask or handle multiple guests I get swarmed. There will be guests at all corners of my boat or one shouting at me from videos games for something to be unlocked and someone will always end up pissed bcos "I was here first!!" but for some reason those savages have no concept of a line
If someone is too lazy to walk over me and get my attention like a normal person, I usually ignore them. I don't need to be whistled at from two aisles away or told "Come here boy!". I don't care if they get pissed, they can treat me like a normal person and get my attention in a normal fucking way.

If someone is too lazy to walk over me and get my attention like a normal person, I usually ignore them. I don't need to be whistled at from two aisles away or told "Come here boy!". I don't care if they get pissed, they can treat me like a normal person and get my attention in a normal fucking way.
I've def started doing that since my Disgruntled Employee levels have risen. It's hilarious when they get pissed like "I've been waiting!!!" yeah well I had people actually come up to me and ask for my help. Bonus points when they never tried to get my attention at all.

In a similar vein are those who stand at the boat. And then are also like WHERE U BEEN WTF like ???? theres literally a button on the desk that calls me over what the hell is wrong with you people

Same here, our SD TM are expected to get red cards. Just like cashiers SD TM are expected to ask every single guest, especially if they have a return that goes to a regular debit card.

I've def started doing that since my Disgruntled Employee levels have risen. It's hilarious when they get pissed like "I've been waiting!!!" yeah well I had people actually come up to me and ask for my help. Bonus points when they never tried to get my attention at all.

In a similar vein are those who stand at the boat. And then are also like WHERE U BEEN WTF like ???? theres literally a button on the desk that calls me over what the hell is wrong with you people
Do your mobile tms help at all?

Before there were 4 GSTLs, there was one GSTL and 4 CTLs. The CTLs were not, in fact, TLs, but essentially GSAs. I don't remember what CTL stood for. Target decided that the front end was too important to staff with without TL coverage at all times, so 4 GSTLs became the norm. Then, Target went back to 1 GSTL and 4 GSAs to save money.
Cashier Team lead is what CTL's were

ASANTS, but being GS at my store is really degrading. I haven't had a key to my own drawer or registry printer since it went missing in December, I've been with the company four years and three of them have been behind this desk training TMs and TLs and I still only make a bit over base.

They worry too much about the goddamned keys.

They worry too much about the goddamned keys.
Those keys do tend to unlock things that are important though, like change drawers for gstl, SD drawer for lost and found and paychecks, registry printer to restock the paper... And that's just one key out of many. I kinda think keys should be a big deal.

I guess I was kinda referring to the non-cash handling keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back