Archived Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do the dc's load trailers so horribly? Random pallets all over the place. Boxes falling like avalanches. Repack filled with random crap.

Why do the dc's load trailers so horribly? Random pallets all over the place. Boxes falling like avalanches. Repack filled with random crap.
Don't the DCs still use temp workers to load up trailers? I'm more annoyed by my FDC loading the squishy stuff at the bottom of juice pallets.

My particular location doesn't have very many temps in doors. The TM's loading however are getting absolutely punished by load plans that vastly underestimate the throwing power of the depal and IB teams, and when boxes start raining from the sky, TM's start making mistakes and get desperate, thus shitty walls and deviations from best practice.

God don't get me started on poorly loaded sweeps trailers. I feel it's store aside getting their revenge for the shitty packed trucks our OB sends them. Damn repack boxes everywhere! :mad:
Not gonna lie, we've had more than one bale snap some wires, followed by the receiver saying "oh fuck, get it on the trailer now! Once it's on there, it's not our problem"

Not gonna lie, we've had more than one bale snap some wires, followed by the receiver saying "oh fuck, get it on the trailer now! Once it's on there, it's not our problem"
Yea that's our reaction when we snap a wire getting onto the bale truck. Like "fuck it! It's not my problem anymore! Lol"

I have a curiosity question. How are orders prioritized? And by that I mean how is it determined who gets what and /or what goes on the truck? I'm a signing person and I can go 2 weeks w/o a pallet and then get 3-4 of them at the same time. And then have tons of missing stuff. Or does this have nothing to do with you?
As to the stuff coming back to you, I know that our reviever is an absolute ocd about it. It may have a lot to do with the driver slamming on his brakes to avoid stupid drivers. A family member truck drives & you wouldn't believe the stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back