Archived Will I be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

Today I woke up around 10:30 headachey and nauseous. I spent a few hours laying around, debating about whether or not I should call in. Finally, at 2, I got up and started getting ready for work, only to look at my schedule and see that I was supposed to go in at 1:30 instead of 2:30. I quickly called in and said I'd been sick all day and hadn't noticed it was this late and that I couldn't come in.

I work in market and it's a seasonal position. I also just started like two weeks ago. Am I going to be fired?

Today I woke up around 10:30 headachey and nauseous. I spent a few hours laying around, debating about whether or not I should call in. Finally, at 2, I got up and started getting ready for work, only to look at my schedule and see that I was supposed to go in at 1:30 instead of 2:30. I quickly called in and said I'd been sick all day and hadn't noticed it was this late and that I couldn't come in.

I work in market and it's a seasonal position. I also just started like two weeks ago. Am I going to be fired?

If you're sick you should not be going in to work in market anyway. You won't get fired but it is possible you won't be kept on after the season. Talk to them and try hard and you may be alright.

I'm assuming you meant "shouldn't" be going to work in market, right?

Yea, working with food when you're sick is not good.
If you're seasonal though unless you've proved to be exceptional there's a good chance they won't pick you up after the quarter is over.

You're supposed to call between two hours prior to and two hours after the start of your shift. If you started at 1:30, it will only be considered a NCNS if you called after 3:30. You're probably fine, but I'd talk to the ETL-HR and apologize a lot.

43280787.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back