Archived Will returning product make me lose the gift card I got with a coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tpeayta-gif.2610

Idiot, you're ignoring the details of your own imaginary scenario. It's a miracle you can commute to work at all.
Any yet you haven't posted anything to prove my wrong in this thread. Just your petty insult.

Targets will take back unopened HBA items, especially up and up. No one gives a shit if your store won't. The company does.

Any yet you haven't posted anything to prove my wrong in this thread. Just your petty insult.

Targets will take back unopened HBA items, especially up and up. No one gives a shit if your store won't. The company does.

I have, you keep changing the details.

You're more than welcome to return HBA products. You can even return used HBA products. If you don't like the smell, you're allergic, you name it, we'll take it back. Of course, it can't be empty, but there's even circumstances where if a lot has been used, we've offered exchanges at least.

Now the scenario YOU presented, was this....
Return the item without a receipt to a different Target for full value

Buying stuff (it doesn't even have to be HBA, but it's the example used here) that comes with a free, $5 gift card...and then intentionally returning it without a receipt, in an attempt to gain a profit. Everyone told you why that's bullshit, so you changed the scenario to "anyone can return HBA product" even though that was never up for debate. Of course you can return HBA products, but that doesn't mean all HBA returns are under policy.

What IS up for debate, is being an employee, and returning stuff you bought at a discount, without a receipt, in order to make a profit. You can't do that, you will be fired for it. Even buying products with your employee discount, and then returning them with an ID, is iffy, because you could potentially be making a 10% profit. More if you used a redcard. Of course isolated returns are no issue, but if you make this a habit, AP won't tolerate it.

You can't do that,

And yet you're still wrong.

You can do it. I did last week. Bought some earbuds in cash two weeks ago, lost of the recipe but kept the packaged and returned them at the closest target near me because the crapped out for a refund. They gave me the full amount back. There wasn't any other option. There was no way to avoid it. Ap can't and won't do shit.

And yet you're still wrong.

You can do it. I did last week. Bought some earbuds in cash two weeks ago, lost of the recipe but kept the packaged and returned them at the closest target near me because the crapped out for a refund. They gave me the full amount back. There wasn't any other option. There was no way to avoid it. Ap can't and won't do shit.

You're being an idiot again. That's like saying "A dog can live a full life without eating or drinking." Technically that right, because a full life really only consists of being born, existing, and dying. It's a full life, just a short one.

I know you're brain damaged, so I'll try to explain this clearly for you. Occasionally having to return something without a receipt is okay. Because you're right, it happens, and that's exactly why we do returns with an ID. But I guarantee you, make this a habit, (MAIN WORD BEING "HABIT") and doing this intentionally to turn a profit, you won't be with Target for long. It's absolutely return fraud. It's like standard, definition return fraud. I urge you to try it.

You're being an idiot again. That's like saying "A dog can live a full life without eating or drinking." Technically that right, because a full life really only consists of being born, existing, and dying. It's a full life, just a short one.

I know you're brain damaged, so I'll try to explain this clearly for you. Occasionally having to return something without a receipt is okay. Because you're right, it happens, and that's exactly why we do returns with an ID. But I guarantee you, make this a habit, (MAIN WORD BEING "HABIT") and doing this intentionally to turn a profit, you won't be with Target for long. It's absolutely return fraud. It's like standard, definition return fraud. I urge you to try it.
No one was arguing habits. That was you switching goalpost because you're triggered that people can return items without recipes

You won't get fired for doing that once and it comes with not downsides whatsoever. Literately none

No one was arguing habits. That was you switching goalpost because you're triggered that people can return items without recipes

You won't get fired for doing that once and it comes with not downsides whatsoever. Literately none

Please, Dr. Phil. You know that's not the case. From one instigator to another, you're full of shit.

Please, Dr. Phil. You know that's not the case. From one instigator to another, you're full of shit.
You think AP is going to "on to" some a random person returning one cheapass item for a store credit, then track back to you at a different target and then do...something because you lost your info?

lol paranoid much

You think AP is going to "on to" some a random person returning one cheapass item for a store credit, then track back to you at a different target and then do...something because you lost your info?

lol paranoid much

(MAIN WORD BEING "HABIT")

durr.gif

There is no issue. No matter the sale, coupon, or whatever, you can return an item you bought at target without a recipt.

It's in their policy. That's why they get your id information. You can't call fraud just because one lacks a receipt

To be clear its not in our policy at all. We have the ability to perform this type of return, but we do not have it posted for guests to use as an advertised option.

Second, there is a difference in what is being discussed here. If you return, one time, an item without a receipt and receive more money back than what you paid for the item, you will likely not get caught. I mean, I don't understand it because I can't understand the only cash people (who therefore need receipts) but hey, its your lack of a card that forces you to hold onto physical papers to track purchases. However, if you think you can buy items consistently (such as hba) at a lower price and return them for a profit without consequences, you are incorrect. I have done AP and have termed/charged TMs depending on the circumstances of the discount originally received on the transaction. The store you choose to perform the return at will likely find HBA returns suspicious anyway (I mean, that is extremely common up there as fraud), and the AP of the store can pull your ID number to pull up the history of returns. Your picture will also be posted on TCM and then suddenly your entire district (including the AP in your own store) will see it. So, like the other posters have said, if its not a habitual mechanism being used to profit off of the discounts, you will be fine.

as rocklobster says, it's actually NOT in our policy. as GSTMs we have the right to deny any opened item no receipt return. we usually do not take advantage of that clause, because we don't have to, but know we can at any time if we suspect fraud or for any other reason.

source: SubCategory Article

"Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange."
"Returns and exchanges without a receipt may be limited."

again, i want to emphasize: doing this kind of thing once or twice because you genuinely lost your receipt and want a refund is no problem. doing it multiple times and not only will we deny your return, we will let ap know.

Last edited:
Returning an item you legally bought at a target to a different Target is not fraud

Not the same thing. If you use discounts to purchase an item at $4, and then knowingly return the item without a receipt and get $5 back, you have fraudulently obtained $1. I just termed a team member for doing this on a regular basis last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back