Will Target ever adopt Apple Pay for RedCards?

I know that you can use the Target app to pay and everything in store but why don’t they let us add our RedCard to Apple Pay? I think it would be used more
  • Can always use it if you brought your phone
  • No password to use to sign into the Target app
  • Faster to scan
  • Can easily access by a double press of a button
  • Works on watch
  • More people (like kids/SO) can use the card by adding it to their Apple Pay
  • Can work when phone has little to no battery left

Last edited:
No. Data breach
Apple Pay would actually be a lot more secure. Any time I've ever had unauthorized charges, it's when I have a card on file on an account and that account get's hacked. Apple Pay cards are virtually impossible to hack. I'd love to delete my redcard from my Target account and just use my redcard with Apple Pay.

My understanding is that people that use the Target App and pay with the app are more likely to use Circle and overall those users spend more money at Target.

I think it’s actually none of these lol. it’s because when you use Apple Pay to pay it runs it as a different numbers, ergo, POS doesn’t see it’s a red card and Guest doesn’t get their 5 percent

Otherwise, if would be very easy to just add the card to apple pay lol

All I know is I use exclusively Apple Pay now at stores that support it. I've had too many store accounts hacked the past couple years, and got unauthorized charges because I had a card on file. Domino's, Chipotle, Netflix, etc. I've went through all my accounts and deleted any cards on file.

I think it’s actually none of these lol. it’s because when you use Apple Pay to pay it runs it as a different numbers, ergo, POS doesn’t see it’s a red card and Guest doesn’t get their 5 percent

Otherwise, if would be very easy to just add the card to apple pay lol
I can see that for using it at target (I enjoy having the card, circle, and discount on a single barcode), but the mastercard can be used anywhere, and I'd prefer to use apple pay over the actual card whenever possible.

I can see that for using it at target (I enjoy having the card, circle, and discount on a single barcode), but the mastercard can be used anywhere, and I'd prefer to use apple pay over the actual card whenever possible.
oh yeah. but Karenlynn is going to use it for her $700 transaction and get angry when her 5 percent wasn't taken off and we can’t make it right easily. For people like us it’s fine. It’s the guests that are the idiots.

Last edited:
Never gonna happen. Target wants to push the app, Target Circle, etc... so as long as those exist and they're what corporate wants people to pay with, other Contactless payments will never have REDcard support. It's all about using the Target ecosystem. also another part of it imo is similar to with Circle, where they want you to browse the app, add Circle offers, and want to buy more things. If you just use Apple Pay, you're less likely to browse the Target app.

I was always under the impression that Target doesn't want to loose the tracking of what each individuals purchase.

If you use Apple Pay (but not Target Circle) I think all Target gleans is you what you spent NOT what you spent it on.

Back