Answered Will they let me change departments if I just got hired for seasonal?

Lol

I just hired in general merchandise and i’m not enjoying my time there. It is very heavy load for me since I am very petite. Everyone seems to be doing their own thing and I seem lost since my trainer was not very informative. I rather move to cashiering or something else that is easier for me to do that doesn’t require constantly lifting heavy boxes. Will they let me switch departments or should I just tell them I’m quitting?

I asked for help on the walker talkie because my trainer and team leader had already left and no one replied to me not didn’t help me on what to do. :(
Be specific with what you need. "Help needed for a team lift in Aisle ...." "Second request for team lift in Aisle...." The next call is to the closing lead (assume they are there if your lead has already left. BTW, it is not your lead's responsibility to respond. Other tm's should be helping you with this.) If your health problems prevent you from doing the work, you need to talk to HR to discuss disability accommodations which may require a doctor's note that specifies your limitations. It kind of sounds like you weren't totally up front in your interview if you are not able to do the work.

I have health problems usually pass out a couple of times in the past 2 years. Sometimes I feel weak and carrying the amount of weight any normal person can constantly makes me dizzy
Then why are you working at Target? Practically all the positions require the ability to do a fairly large amount of physical work - lifting, walking a lot and quickly, reaching repeatedly, etc. If your health issues are such that you aren't able to do those things, then really, anything other than HR TM (at my store anyway) requires more physical activity that you're able to do consistently. Time to resign and look for something less taxing.
I'm assuming that you're under the care of a physician; if you're not, that might be something to consider. Chronic weakness and dizziness and frequent fainting are all things that should be addressed and not ignored.

Quit. Find an easier job, perhaps as a receptionist. There is no position in Target That does not require giving effort, working fast, being productive. It’s not going to get any easier - in fact you will be taught additional things and be expected to do more. If you are overwhelmed in training you will not be able to handle once training is over and you are left without assistance for an entire shift. Too bad your interviewer thought you were a good fit, makes me wonder if you lied about your experiences.
No need to be an asswipe

No need to be an asswipe
oh, very nice, such an interesting attitude For someone interested in being part of a team.
Don’t ask the question if you cannot handle an honest answer.
Just callin em as I see em.
Please update us if you are asked to stay passed seasonal.
Our store only retains the outstanding and I would congratulate you if you were asked to stay on as permanent.

oh, very nice, such an interesting attitude For someone interested in being part of a team.
Don’t ask the question if you cannot handle an honest answer.
Just callin em as I see em.
Please update us if you are asked to stay passed seasonal.
Our store only retains the outstanding and I would congratulate you if you were asked to stay on as permanent.
Congratulate me then. God, do you have anything else going on in your life besides Target? Its kinda sad, honestly.

Back