Will this get me fired?

Helloooo! I’m a new employee. Started 2 weeks ago. I called out today because of cold-like symptoms. Will I be fired or disliked?

No, you’ll be fine. Just don’t make a habit of it! At some point attendance will once again matter. Hopefully you slide under their radar and make it beyond your 90 days first!

No. They've suspended the attendance policy for the moment. You might not qualify for sick pay, but you won't get dinged for calling out.

ETA: Assuming your leadership doesn't suck, that is. If they do suck, you're probably better of finding work elsewhere, anyway.

Does anyone know what suspending the attendance policy actually looks like? I left early last night feeling sick and my lead was so furious with me I’m sure I will be written up when I clock in for my next shift.... can they really do that if the attendance policy is suspended?

Does anyone know what suspending the attendance policy actually looks like? I left early last night feeling sick and my lead was so furious with me I’m sure I will be written up when I clock in for my next shift.... can they really do that if the attendance policy is suspended?

You left early without telling anyone?

It still counts against you if you’re late, leave early, or no call no show. Call offs generally won’t count against you right now because we don’t want anyone spreading any diseases.

But if you left early because you’re feeling sick and you want to be extra cautious about it, I think you should be fine. Just make sure you communicate that part to your leader.

Depends on leadership. If its at my store most likely. My store isnt suspending per se attendance. They are still documenting and in a huddle told us when the policy goes back to normal it WILL be used as means for termination.
Wow what bunch of dicks. So if somebody is coughing up storm and sneezing all over place they want you come in and make everybody sick in middle of dangerous pandemic then firing them for not wanting to make others sick. Fuck those dicks.

Back