Archived Wondering about a certain policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, this past week at my Target store it has been a bit chaotic due to drama and someone getting fired for doing something to another team member's car (slashed the team member's tires)

While that was settled, something else came up that has been bugging me recently. So, this whole fiasco started because the two team members became good friends and the one team member was concerned about the other team member being on drugs during their shift at work. The team member was looking out for the other team member's safety and ours as well. So, the team member told the E-HR team member about this and the E-HR team member goes and tells that team member that "this team member said that you were on drugs".

Now call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that is violating some sort of policy. I'm pretty sure that you can't just do that and what happened to confidentially? Knowing that this team member slashed the team member's tires afterwards goes to show that it was incredibly dangerous to put that team member in.

I was talking to another team member today and we're just freaked out and worried because if we have a problem, what are we suppose to do? It definitely does not feel like a safe environment anymore and I do not feel comfortable AT ALL to tell this HR person anything after hearing about this.

What do you guys think?

Thank you. I agree; I picked up quickly that this HR person was a bit of a blabber, so I keep my distance as far as personal issues I have and take it with someone I trust, but it's certainly not a joy to know someone would do something like that

At least in my store, If I was that TM, I would be going to the STL about the HR person, They shouldn't be in that position if they can't keep secrets or be discreet. You have to go to who you trust that is high enough on the totem pole to do something about the problem. Be it the STL, AP team, or HR (or hotline). I don't know about our TL's, at my store they don't have any pull to make many changes, and the ones they do make, it takes 6 months to figure out.

Being in AP, I would just go to my ETL, I know something will be done then. Hes one of those ETL's that been there so long and has such good results, he can do or say whatever he wants and nobody dares touch him.

I had a couple Cart Attendants that would go out into the parking lot and drink. Or come in a little tipsy/hungover.

But if there is a sensitive situation you need to report to the Execs, I would type up an anonymous document and turn it into their mailbox.

I had a similar situation...had some miscommunication turned into rifts during overnights a few years ago with a fellow TM and ETL. After the holidays, myself and another TM sat down and told HR what happened, because it got really out of hand. We felt that we were being responsible by making her aware of the situation.

Well, the TM that caused the miscommunication/rifts between people got promoted, and I was constantly checked upon by ETLs every time I worked (like I was doing something wrong) up until the day I quit. So I'm a bit untrusting of HRs.

I was under the assumption they were not supposed to go and blab, but my guess is with ETLs moving around so much is that they miss that part...

I learned to go through the chain of command: TL-->ETL-->STL. Find someone you can trust, and don't make it seem like you're telling on someone else. My old STL was awesome and always willing to help out if you had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back