Archived work center change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normally hard to change work centers? For example, cashier to sales floor, sales floor to backroom, etc. Does it normally take a while? It has been over a month since I made it clear that I wanted to change work centers and nothing has happened yet. Is there anyway to speed up the process?

Mostly depends on how long you've been in current role, how well you are/aren't doing, if there is need in that workcenter. There is a garbage TM on one of my teams that wants off but is terrible and no one wants her so I'm stuck with her. Unfortunately my headache to deal with.

We've had a couple of cashiers move to salesfloor, or cashiers to flow. Only time I've ever seen a person move to backroom was when it was flow to backroom. Not to say it isn't possible. It's just harder to prove yourself capable for the backroom when you're a cashier I guess.

Try getting to know the TL of the area you want to move to and see if they can work in training time for you in their work center, or see if they (or a trainer in their department) will work with you during slow time in your current work center (if there is any). Now is probably your best chance at getting training since hours vanish in the new year and flaky seasonal hires often leave gaps in coverage. Once that TL feels you're ready, just pick up as many shifts as you can in that work center and if you're good enough, the TL might start scheduling you shifts there his/herself and maybe fight to keep you come new year. But as others have said, there is sometimes store politics involved as to why you might not be able to change work centers and it might mean waiting to get the chance to make it official, but do as much as you can on your own because HR is busy this time of year and might not be able to accommodate your requests right away.

Is it normally hard to change work centers? For example, cashier to sales floor, sales floor to backroom, etc. Does it normally take a while? It has been over a month since I made it clear that I wanted to change work centers and nothing has happened yet. Is there anyway to speed up the process?

Getting to Sales Floor as a Cashier, should be easier than say Cashier ---> Backroom. Backroom seems like a sought after position in my store, so there would be a lot more competition with probably more qualified people. (I have no clue, backstocking bores the ever living shit out of me),.

My advice is to tell them you would like to change Work Centers in order to learn and grow within Target. (Use this for sure, if you plan on moving up in the future, and have a very good rep in your current work center.)

I never understand why people want to switch to the backroom, I guess so they don't have to deal with guests? It's not like it's easier work.

I never understand why people want to switch to the backroom, I guess so they don't have to deal with guests? It's not like it's easier work.

Slight raise from most other positions, get to listen to music, more independence and yes no guest.

One of our backroom TM quit 3 months ago. Our BRTL approached almost all sales floor TM asking if they would like to switch, they all declined. We will have to hire someone external.

OP, what is your work center? How long have you been with target? What is the work center you would like t switch to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back