Archived Work comp and long term disability premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Was injured a while back at work,still dealing with less than competent surgeons and have been receiving work comp benefits ever since ( except went back to work for 3 days until surgeon figured out I needed an emergency surgery ...)
I just received a bill for long term disability premiums! I am not even eligible for long term disability payments !
I didn't even know I had it!
Why Am I supposed to pay for it?
My Hr Etl is way too new at her job to know what is going on!

short term disability is at no charge to tm. long term disability is an optional thing at open enrollment. it costs like 8.00 or 9.00, a check. i would check your prior checks for those charges.

Thanks !
I never agreed to it. !weird that they started charging me for it! I need to call India,I guess...

Short Term Disability is any pay given to you during the first 6 months of your medical leave of absence. If you received LTD (which is pay given after being on LOA for more than 6 months) and weren't signed up for it, I recommend you pay whatever premiums you owe, because they did not have to give you that benefit since you apparently weren't eligible for it. However, if you cannot afford to pay it, they will expect you to pay back any LTD pay you received. In this case, however, workman's compensation IS different than LTD, and does NOT require you to participate in LTD. WC is something ALL employers HAVE to give to employees who get HURT on THEIR premises! Your ETL HR is SUPPOSED to help you with ALL WC questions, or refer you to the WC company(Sedgwick). LTD questions are answered by the TBC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back